Lake County Public Library serves a population of approximately 7,750 residents. LCPL has a committed staff dedicated to facilitating equal access to services, community building, innovation, intellectual freedom, literacy, and lifelong learning. Each member of our library team is integral to the success of our organization. We value vision, hard work, collaboration, and creative problem-solving.
The Desk Clerk works in the circulation department and assists patrons in several ways including, but not limited to, finding library materials, answering general inquiries, and helping with public computer usage. The Desk Clerk also shelves books using the Dewey Decimal System and prepares new books for circulation.
Must be able to work varied hours including evenings and weekends.
Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
Additional Info & Requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Check shelves for correct placement of materials on a regular basis
- Assist patrons with basic computer usage
- Assist patrons with searching the catalog and locating library materials
- Sort and shelve materials in proper order alphabetically or according to the Dewey Decimal System
- Provide excellent service to patrons
- Promote the Library’s mission and values
- Processes new materials for circulation
- Carries out opening and closing procedures as assigned
- Others duties as assigned
Tucked in the heart of the Rockies, Leadville is the highest incorporated town (10,152 feet!) in the continental United States. Its natural beauty offers access to outdoor recreation all year around - from backcounty skiing and groomed Nordic skiing trails to miles of hiking trails and lake or river fishing.
To apply, email the following information to Lanna Gonzales email@example.com
- Three professional references