The Branch Services Manager plays a dynamic role in the library system, overseeing branch operations, managing projects, providing professional expertise in localized community services and programming, and actively promotes library services through engagement with and outreach to the community within a collaborative work environment.
Under general supervision of the Public Services manager, the Branch Services Manager will oversee both professional and paraprofessional staff to align their work with the library’s strategic plan and other workplan priorities. The manager works to coordinate branch services with the Main Library to ensure uniformity of service for library patrons. The Branch Services Manager is charged with modeling quality customer service behaviors which align with the library customer service model and city values. The manager will provide leadership and foster an environment which focuses on values-based service and actively pursues improvement in customer service delivery. Modeling expected behavior includes actively greeting customers, observing and responding to their needs and assisting in creating an environment of friendly and active engagement with library users, and to perform related duties as required.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
At the City of Boulder, we provide competitive salaries and valuable benefits to our employees. Eligibility for benefits is determined by the employee’s position.
- Retirement: One of the region’s best defined-benefit plans through Colorado PERA, more information at copera.org. Optional retirement plans include 401(k) and 457 plans
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance: Up to 1.5 times annual salary, depending on the employee group
- Medical Insurance: Two medical options available through Cigna Healthcare
- Dental Insurance: Two dental options available through Delta Dental of Colorado
- Vision Insurance: Two vision options available through VSP
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits:
- Accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity
- Legal assistance
- Identity theft protection available through LegalShield
- Pet insurance available through PetsBest
- Additional life Insurance for yourself and dependents available through The Standard
- Employee Assistance Program: Confidential resources and secure tools to help employees or guide them through difficult times
- Leave Programs: Vacation leave, paid parental leave, sick leave, emergency leave and more
- Holidays: Nine full-day and two half-day paid holidays
- Well-Being Program: Recreation center passes, wellness education, training classes, wellness challenges, insurance premium discounts, and more!
- Other Benefits: Short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending plan choices, health savings accounts, free transportation passes and more!
- Discounts: Special savings on various purchasing or services such as childcare, fitness facilities, computers, phone plans, home and auto insurance, financial services and more!
- More information can be found here
Additional Info & Requirements
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Master's Degree in Library Science from an accredited program and a minimum of two years supervisory experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of two years experience in a library setting. Ability to supervise all functions of branch library services. Demonstrated ability with library automated systems, coordinating processes, and staff. Excellent organizational and communication skills. Ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks under time pressures. Demonstrated skill in conflict resolution and problem solving. Willingness to work flexible schedule including some evenings and/or weekends. Valid Colorado driver’s license. Have and maintain acceptable background information, including criminal conviction history, motor vehicle record and credit history.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS – In addition to the required minimum qualifications:
Familiarity with Innovative Interfaces, Inc. Sierra integrated library system. Two or more years of library experience in a supervisory capacity. One or more years experience with assisting with the management of a branch library or department. A minimum of two years experience working in public service areas of a library. Experience hiring, scheduling, training staff, and conducting performance evaluations. Completion of supervisory training courses.
The City of Boulder is a great place to live, work, grow and play.
With over 300 miles of dedicated bikeways and more than 150 miles of hiking trails, Boulder values active lifestyles and access to nature. Forty-five thousand acres of land provide open space for parks and a green belt around the city. With world class restaurants and art and music venues, The City of Boulder values diverse culture.
Respect is one of our five City Values (including Customer Service, Collaboration, Integrity and Innovation) and we are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We celebrate and support our differences across all spectrums, including but not limited to ethnicity, gender, age, disability and sexuality. Through our focus on Racial Equity, our employee benefits, and the many programs resources we offer our staff, we continually strive to weave respect for one another into the fabric of our organization.
Add your voice and talents to the City of Boulder and help us grow in service excellence for an inspired future.
City of Boulder
1136 Alpine Ave
Boulder, Colorado, 80304