Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind (CSDB)
33 North Institute Street; Colorado Springs, CO
This position reports to the Principal, School for the Blind and is responsible to support curriculum, instruction and technology integration efforts / activities, and to manage daily access to and utilization of information and technology resources, including library, media, computer, video, and telecommunications, and assistive technologies. This position serves as a consultant / professional development trainer to learners, teachers, service providers throughout the state, and other educational staff to develop and broaden skills, knowledge and experience in the areas of library, media, and technology resources, and provides basic technical assistance and support.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
The State of Colorado and CSDB demonstrate commitment to our employees with a competitive benefits package. The average annual teacher base salary at CSDB is $60,175. Although individual benefits will vary, in general, for every $100 that employees earn, the state contributes approximately $25 in additional compensation. For example, the State contributes to employee health/dental/vision care coverage, life insurance coverage, short-term disability insurance coverage, retirement, and personal leave. For more information about insurance benefits, visit the State of Colorado website: https://www.colorado.gov/dhr/benefits.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Degree in Library Science, Media Science (or related program accredited by the American Library Association), Instructional Technology / Technology Education, or related regionally accredited program; specialization in Vision Education desired.
- Must hold, be eligible for, and obtain appropriate educator licensure in the State of Colorado, with endorsement in one of the following: Teacher Librarian, Instructional Technology, Technology Education, or equivalent.
- Experience in library media, technology or related field; experience teaching / working with children (in an educational environment) who are blind/visually impaired and/or Deafblind preferred.
- Proficiency or commitment to work toward proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) at the Novice (0+) skill level as demonstrated through an appropriate assessment tool and according to school policy/procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate functional skills in Braille.
Vision Statement: CSDB aspires to be an exemplary global resource for families and professionals that excels in preparing diverse learners to transform the world with PRIDE: Positive attitude, Respect, Independence, Determination, and Excellence.
Mission Statement: The Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind (CSDB), in collaboration with families, school districts and community partners, ... educates and inspires learners throughout the state, birth through age 21, to achieve their full human potential through comprehensive, individualized academic, transition, residential and outreach programs and resources.
In addition to the submission of a complete on-line application (to include references), please upload the items listed below to the on-line application:
Formal Letter of Interest
Recent Letters of Recommendation, with signature
Copies of All Transcripts
Copy of Educator Certification