Provides information, technology support, and reference services to Library patrons. Operates technical systems of the library including the acquisition, cataloging, and processing of print and electronic materials. Manages circulation systems and interlibrary loan services. Performs the technical administrative functions of the library, including monitoring the financial records and office supplies
- Serves as initial contact for library patrons.
- Prepares and maintains service areas, computers, and other equipment for daily use.
- Provides information, technology support, and reference services to patrons (patients and NJH faculty and staff); answers questions regarding Library policies, procedures, and records; refers patrons to other library personnel as appropriate.
- Assists patients with Patient Portal account set up, general access questions, and troubleshooting.
- Supports document delivery and borrowing; processes interlibrary loan (ILL) requests via email and on the DOCLINE and OCLC resource-sharing networks. Maintains proficiency in the use of national, regional and local interlibrary loan policies and procedures. Keeps Director informed of changes and trends.
- Manages print materials, including working with cataloging service to process materials in OCLC; maintaining OCLC bibliographic records in coordination with cataloging service; performing end-stage processing for print materials; helping to maintain collections through weeding and rotation of materials.
- Provides oversight for gifts processing including coordinating with donors; develops procedures and policies for evaluating and integration or dispersal of donated materials.
- Manages the library's electronic resources including e-journals; monitors catalog cleanup with changes in catalog standards & system upgrades; troubleshoots reported problems and contacts vendors or partner sites to resolve issues.
- Assists with creating promotional and informational materials related to Library programs and services (e.g. tutorials, LibGuides, newsletter items)
- Pays bills; tracks vouchers and purchase orders. Manages ILL associated billing and fees (EFTS).
- Gathers, analyzes, and uses statistical data related to circulation and facility usage for planning, management and communicating impact.
- Keeps abreast of emerging trends, innovations and best practices affecting library systems and catalogs, and of methods of electronic resources management and metadata standards (e.g. through discussion lists, professional literature, webinars, workshops, and conferences).
- Monitors office supplies and orders as necessary.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan
Our library is a small, highly collaborative team that serves National Jewish Health faculty, researchers, staff, administration, and patients. We are known for our responsiveness, flexibility, and innovation. Though we are sometimes classified as a hospital library, we function much like a special library and engage in a variety of projects and services that further the mission of National Jewish Health. We value collaboration and independent thinking. Our priorities are to empower staff to set and achieve goals, and to provide them with the support and resources necessary for them to be successful. While experience in health sciences is helpful, it is not required. We can train in specific databases and language if other library skills are strong.