We are looking for a cataloging librarian to join our team at the Broomfield Library! In this job you will:
- Perform copy and some original cataloging in accordance with national standards as well as local and consortial practices. Review and match the correct MARC bibliographic records from SkyRiver, Sierra, and other online sources with the item in hand; select classification numbers (Dewey decimal classification or local classification) appropriate to the item; create bibliographic records using MARC format and templates; verify author and subject headings; edit records by adding or deleting information to meet library requirements; create item records; check-in materials; stamp, apply barcodes, and perform other processing tasks as required.
- Create spine labels and prepare items for processing; perform final check for items before they are placed on the shelf. Train and supervise volunteers in processing and repair procedures.
- Ensure that quality control measures are initiated to preserve accuracy of data.
- Manage collection accessibility via support and maintenance of the integrated library system (ILS).
- Collect and organize statistics related to the collection as needed.
- Be cross-trained to cover public service desks as well as support Cataloging and Acquisitions work.
Broomfield Library celebrates and actively seeks out diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Additional Info & Requirements
Training - Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree in library science or related field is preferred.
Experience – Previous library or related experience preferred. Assignments in Cataloging require a minimum one year demonstrated experience or coursework in cataloging.
Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides evidence that the applicant possesses the Necessary Applicant Traits.
Broomfield, Colorado is a rapidly growing community located between Denver and Boulder. Currently home to 70,000 people, it is becoming a hub for technology and healthcare. Broomfield is located within an hour’s drive of the mountains and has a relatively mild climate. Miles of trails and open space and varied cultural opportunities enhance the quality of life. The library is an active participant in the community and enjoys excellent support from residents and the city and county.