Jefferson County Public Library
Denver, CO, United States
Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) is hiring a dynamic, tech savvy, and customer-focused BILINGUAL (Spanish/English) KIDS AND FAMILIES LIBRARIAN for our Edgewater location! As the subject matter expert in your core area of service (kids and families), you will be a leader in creating and presenting programming to library patrons, mentoring staff and being active in community outreach. If you are a forward thinking individual who enjoys serving the public, this may be the job for you!
TO MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, APPLICANTS MUST BE FLUENT BILINGUAL ENGLISH AND SPANISH (CONVERSATION AND WRITTEN) and should already have Librarian experience specific to the field of literature and programming as it pertains to small children and their families. Please include a cover letter with your resume, that explains your background with Kids and Families Library experience.
JEFFCO PUBLIC LIBRARY IS ONLY ACCEPTING APPLICANTS VIA OUR COUNTY WEBSITE. PLEASE APPLY BEFORE THE DEADLINE (10/24/2021) AT:
JCPL is seeking candidates who are experienced with the following job duties:
- Performs moderately to highly complex research activities.
- Advises patrons on appropriate materials.
- Handles difficult questions referred by other Library employees.
- Refers patrons to community resources and/or other appropriate resources for further information as necessary.
- Uses high-level customer service skills to determine patron needs.
- Creates a positive, inviting atmosphere for all patrons.
- Provides access to resources, including the physical and digital resources of the system.
- Presents programs classes and workshops in the Library and at off-site locations.
- Conducts Library tours and community outreach.
- Promotes programs to target audiences.
- Initiates, develops and presents programs and activities, including seasonal programs.
- Develops and provides library instruction and patron education to the public, individually and in groups.
CORE LIBRARY SERVICES
- Participates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Routinely provides direct customer service.
- Creates access to Library resources both physical and digital.
- Creates content for website through social media, content management systems and other means in this medium.
- Assists with evaluating and maintaining the existing collection through recommendations and weeding of materials.
- Collects and tabulates data. May prepare records and reports.
- Assists in promoting Library programs and serves as an expert.
- Participates in the design and creation of displays, bulletin boards, signs, poster and informational/directional aids and special exhibits.
- Identifies program needs.
- Maintains data pertaining to attendance and program participation.
- Assists in creating a positive and inviting atmosphere.
- Develops collections and ensures access to all materials both physical and digital.
- Assumes responsibility for the general appearance and safety of the division and Library service as a whole.
- Resolves problems as non-routine situations arise.
- Assumes responsibility for the operations of the Library, in the absence of the manager.
- Takes appropriate actions for disturbances and other emergencies.
- Requests facility or equipment maintenance services.
- Provides leadership on a routine basis for their local location.
- May assist in hiring, assigning, training, mentoring, directing, supervising and evaluating the activities of other staff.
- Assists in supervising the collection maintenance of ancillary staff.
- Ensures adherence to established policies, procedure and standards.
- Assists and advises subordinates as necessary.
- Provides guidance and support in daily operations to ancillary staff and volunteers.
- May coordinate the work and schedules of ancillary of staff and volunteers.
Preferred - Master's In Library Science or Library Information Systems
Preferred - One year of public library experience.
Bilingual (Spanish/English) required. Please note language and skill level on the application.
Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits including:
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays.
- Flexibility to assist in your work/life balance.
- Various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth.
Additional Info & Requirements
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values (innovation, accountability and excellence) into all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Living and working in Jefferson County offers the quintessential Colorado lifestyle sought after by many. Residents enjoy easy access to mountain activities such as hiking, skiing and rafting, while also being able to take advantage of the eclectic amenities offered by the greater metropolitan Denver area. It's a place where the great plains meet the Rocky Mountains with some of the most magnificent scenery in the country. We have rolling grasslands and craggy rock formations, natural foothills, rugged mountains and tumbling mountain streams. Jefferson County, commonly called Jeffco, is the fourth most populous of the 64 counties of the State of Colorado. Located along the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, Jefferson County is adjacent to the west side of the state capital, Denver. The total county population is 534,543 according to the 2010 census. A career with Jefferson County Government offers the best candidates career growth and a diverse workforce. More than a paycheck, your job enriches the lives of the citizens of Jefferson County. Jefferson County offers great benefits, plentiful holidays, and now is a major stop along RTD’s new Light Rail West Line. Located at the heart of the foothills of Golden, city life, bike paths, hiking and adventure are just a step away. When you’re ready to learn, grow, and make a contribution to your community, find your career with us.
Human Resources / Job Listings
Recruitment Coordinator (p) 303-275-6168 (e) Talent@JeffcoLibrary.org