Jefferson County Public Library
Denver, CO, United States
JEFFERSON COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY (JCPL) is hiring a collaborative leader to be our Human Resources Manager in the People and Culture Department! Your work entails Human Resources (HR) management of the organization's payroll, full cycle recruiting, employee relations, compliance, performance evaluations, compensation, leave of absence, workers compensation, training and organizational development, as well as assisting with volunteer services to the Library. You will serve as a high-level HR consultant to Library management and employees in providing leadership, training and expertise on issues related to Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Workers’ Compensation, FLSA, EEOC and local and state regulatory issues. If you are a seasoned HR leader with a focus on tracking changes in employment laws and policies and ensuring compliance, and want to contribute to a diverse and inclusive Library work culture, then this job may be for you!
Please apply for this position and include both a resume and cover letter before the close date of 10/11/2021 at:
Current JEFFCO employees must apply in Workday using "Find Jobs."
Jefferson County Government, CO
Close Date: 10/11/21
Full time position located out of the Lakewood CO Library.
Annual Salary - $59,827.81-$76,280.46 (Pay may be negotiable above the top of the pay range for more seasoned HR Manager applicants.)
Category:Administrative, Business Programs and Services -- Employee Relations and Development -- People & Culture Dept.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Advises JCPL managers, supervisors and front-line staff on issues relating to HR and compliance with applicable laws.
- Maintains a collaborative relationship with Jefferson County HR, Risk Management and Payroll partners to ensure consistency in application of personnel rules.
- Works collaboratively with County partners in the management of employee relations, leave administration, recruiting and risk management.
- Partners with other Division of People & Culture staff members to resolve issues and develop solutions for JCPL directors, managers, and supervisors.
- Administers JCPL’s programs of compliance with federal and state laws such as the ADA, the FMLA and the Workers’ Compensation programs.
- Designs and oversees a comprehensive performance management program for JCPL according to established priorities and approved budgets.
- Supports and monitors completion of annual performance evaluations for all JCPL employees.
- Develops guidelines and training for supervisors to support the success of these programs.
- Ensures that employee performance issues are handled appropriately and consistently.
- Coaches supervisors on development and delivery of corrective action plans and escalates issues to the People & Culture Director as needed.
COMPENSATION & CLASSIFICATION
- Supports the People & Culture Director with the creation and revision of JCPL job descriptions.
- Works collaboratively with County HR to ensure timely and accurate classification of new JCPL positions.
- Ensures that the current County pay plan and job description data is accessible to all JCPL employees.
- Provides oversight of ongoing JCPL organizational chart maintenance.
- Manages FTE position tracking for JCPL.
- Manages and updates the Class Specifications and/or Department Supplementals.
- Plans and administers the workplace safety and ergonomics programs for JCPL according to established priorities and approved budgets.
- Provides ongoing ergonomic support to all JCPL locations including performance of assessments and development of reports.
- Works collaboratively with facilities staff to ensure that workplace reconfigurations and new workstations are designed within ergonomic best practices.
- Develops guidelines and training to support the success of these programs.
- Reviews all incident reports and follows up with employees to offer coaching and support.
- Makes referrals totheSocial Work Coordinator asneeded.
- Participates in strategic and budgetary planning procedures.
- Provides input to annual plans, budgets and assists with system-wide initiatives.
- Contributes to department evaluations and reports.
SUPERVISION & MANAGEMENT
- Hires, assigns, trains, directs and supervises the division staff as well as temporary staff, volunteers and interns in area of responsibility.
- Coaches on industry best practices.
- Administers or makes recommendations for routine personnel matters affecting direct reports including recruitment, orientation, training, setting performance goals, assigning and reviewing work, approving time cards, approving leave, appraising and disciplining, submitting records and documentation as required by Library and Jefferson County Policy.
- Conducts regular staff meetings with subordinate staff.
- Communicates changes in policies and procedures to direct reports and implements them as directed.
- Provides technical guidance and support to ensure conformity with established policies, rules and regulations.
- Anticipates and solves problems as non-routine situations arise.
- Promotes professional development and leadership skills among direct reports and teams. Responsible for creating and implementing change management plans and strategies that maximum employee engagement and minimizes employee resistance.
- Provides leadership towards the Library's mission, vision and values.
- Serves as a member of JCPL’s CMT (Combined Management Team).
- Collaborates and coordinates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish JCPL goals and objectives as well as Division goals and objectives.
- Uses and continually develops leadership skills and participates in on-going professional development.
- Maintains skills, knowledge and subject matter expertise in areas of responsibility and industry trends through training and professional development.
- Attends conferences and participates in development activities.
- Bachelors in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience as an HR Manager.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR/SPHR Certification.
- Experience managing organizational development, training, and volunteer programs.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits: Generous paid time off and paid holidays, flexibility to assist in your work/life balance, various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, a tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth.
Additional Info & Requirements
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Living and working in Jefferson County offers the quintessential Colorado lifestyle sought after by many. Residents enjoy easy access to mountain activities such as hiking, skiing and rafting, while also being able to take advantage of the eclectic amenities offered by the greater metropolitan Denver area. It's a place where the great plains meet the Rocky Mountains with some of the most magnificent scenery in the country. We have rolling grasslands and craggy rock formations, natural foothills, rugged mountains and tumbling mountain streams. Jefferson County, commonly called Jeffco, is the fourth most populous of the 64 counties of the State of Colorado. Located along the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, Jefferson County is adjacent to the west side of the state capital, Denver. The total county population is 534,543 according to the 2010 census. A career with Jefferson County Government offers the best candidates career growth and a diverse workforce. More than a paycheck, your job enriches the lives of the citizens of Jefferson County. Jefferson County offers great benefits, plentiful holidays, and now is a major stop along RTD’s new Light Rail West Line. Located at the heart of the foothills of Golden, city life, bike paths, hiking and adventure are just a step away. When you’re ready to learn, grow, and make a contribution to your community, find your career with us.
Human Resources / Job Listings
Recruitment Coordinator (p) 303-275-6168 (e) hr@JeffcoLibrary.org