Jefferson County Public Library
Denver, CO, United States
JEFFERSON COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY (JCPL) is looking to hire our next Business Strategy Leader to advance our mission, vision, values and strategic priorities as the Director of Business Strategy and Finance. Are you a collaborator? Do you have a strength in building and leading teams? Are you at the leading edge of new trends in strategic resource allocation, planning, and business performance? Your expertise will be in directing the Library’s approach to overall resource allocation, aligning our budget and strategic planning process with the service response to the community. You will lead our strategic planning efforts as well as our business process analysis and improvement, budget and financial planning, project management, and impact and outcome analysis and reporting. If you are a skilled business strategist with a penchant for financial analysis, data and planning, this may be the career for you!
Job Location: Jefferson County Government, CO -- Full-time Position is out of the Lakewood, CO Library.
Close Date: 10/18/21
Salary Range: $87,014.48-$113,118.81 (Pay is commensurate with experience and education, and may include a page over the posted range for a more seasoned Business Strategy Executive Leader.)
Category: Executive Management - Library - Reporting to Executive Director of Organization
Please apply with resume and cover letter on or before 10/18/2021 at:
Job duties include but are not limited to:
STRATEGIC RESOURCE ALLOCATION:
- Ensures that the Library’s resources are aligned with its strategy towards the accomplishment of its mission and vision, and that the organization is a responsible steward of public funds.
- Responsible for final preparation of the JCPL annual budget.
- Ensures the establishment of standards for financial reporting and internal audits in accordance with generally accepted principles of accounting and management.
- Directs and oversees Financial Operations, Budget, Accounting, Contracts and Procurement in these job duties: Financial risk management, long-range financial planning, analysis and reconciliation, budget forecasting, annual, and plan-to-actual reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, asset management, contracts, procurement, and other service agreements.
- Ensures that the Library has an integrated strategic plan and the rigorous project delivery capability to attain organizational ends.
- Directs and facilitates a collaborative strategic planning process that includes all levels of stakeholders, including staff and the community, and that is fully integrated with policy governance, budget deadlines, and other organizational milestones.
- Directs and oversees project management in these job duties: Strategic project management, chartering, tracking, and status reporting.
- Drives organizational excellence and process improvement through rigorous data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Assesses and plans for organizational growth in line with strategic purpose.
- Directs and oversees Business Analysis in these job duties: business process analysis, continuous improvement, change management, data and statistics analytics, data visualization, peer library benchmarking, success measures and target setting, and impact and outcome reporting.
- Identifies, executes, and improves organizational competencies in data and statistical reporting to ensure reliability of data and outcome measurement and actionable insights.
SUPERVISION & MANAGEMENT
- Hires, assigns, trains, directs and supervises the division staff as well as temporary staff, volunteers and interns in area of responsibility.
- Coaches on industry best practices.
- Administers or makes recommendations for routine personnel matters affecting direct reports including recruitment, orientation, training, setting performance goals, assigning and reviewing work, approving time cards, approving leave, appraising and disciplining, submitting records and documentation as required by Library and Jefferson County Policy.
- Conducts regular staff meetings with subordinate staff.
- Communicates changes in policies and procedures to direct reports and implements them as directed.
- Provides technical guidance and support to ensure conformity with established policies, rules and regulations.
- Anticipates and solves problems as non-routine situations arise.
- Promotes professional development and leadership skills among direct reports and teams.
- Responsible for creating and implementing change management plans and strategies that maximizes employee engagement and minimizes employee resistance.
- Provides leadership towards the Library's mission, vision and values.
- Serves as a member of JCPL’s Executive Team, Director’s Team and Management Team.
- Collaborates and coordinates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish JCPL goals and objectives as well as Division goals and objectives.
- Uses and continually develops leadership skills, participates in on-going development activities, regular trainings as well as attending conferences.
- Develops and monitors the division budget.
- Works collaboratively with other division directors in the decision-making process regarding the final JCPL budget submission.
- Researches and implements cost savings where needed.
- Provides input to annual plans, budgets and assists with system-wide initiatives.
- Ensures budget guidelines are met and resources are appropriately allocated in areas of responsibility.
- Directs major projects and system resources with budgetary and decision-making authority over those resources.
- Assists the Library Executive Director with allocation of resources to effectively deliver on organizational strategy.
Required - Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, or related field.
Required - 5 years minimum work experience as a Business Strategy and Finance Director or Executive.
Required - 5 years minimum supervisory experience leading directors, stakeholders and other leadership.
Preferred - Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Public Administration (MPA), Finance, or related field.
Preferred - Familiarity with Public Library data tools, success measures and outcomes.
Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits including:
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays.
- Flexibility to assist in your work/life balance.
- Various benefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Training opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Additional Info & Requirements
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values (innovation, accountability and excellence), into all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Living and working in Jefferson County offers the quintessential Colorado lifestyle sought after by many. Residents enjoy easy access to mountain activities such as hiking, skiing and rafting, while also being able to take advantage of the eclectic amenities offered by the greater metropolitan Denver area. It's a place where the great plains meet the Rocky Mountains with some of the most magnificent scenery in the country. We have rolling grasslands and craggy rock formations, natural foothills, rugged mountains and tumbling mountain streams. Jefferson County, commonly called Jeffco, is the fourth most populous of the 64 counties of the State of Colorado. Located along the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, Jefferson County is adjacent to the west side of the state capital, Denver. The total county population is 534,543 according to the 2010 census. A career with Jefferson County Government offers the best candidates career growth and a diverse workforce. More than a paycheck, your job enriches the lives of the citizens of Jefferson County. Jefferson County offers great benefits, plentiful holidays, and now is a major stop along RTD’s new Light Rail West Line. Located at the heart of the foothills of Golden, city life, bike paths, hiking and adventure are just a step away. When you’re ready to learn, grow, and make a contribution to your community, find your career with us.
Human Resources / Job Listings
Recruitment Coordinator (p) 303-275-6168 (e) Talent@JeffcoLibrary.org