Jefferson County Public Library
Denver, CO, United States
JEFFERSON COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY (JCPL) is looking to hire our next Volunteer Services Coordinator for the division of People and Culture reporting to the HR Director! Do you have experience supporting a Human Resources (HR) department with training and organizational development? Are you experienced with coordinating very diverse and inclusive volunteer programs? Do you have Certification in Volunteer Administration (CVA)? Your expertise in Volunteer Services programs and people management, will ensure that the JCPL volunteer program is inclusive for participants, and supportive of our patrons and JEFFCO community. The Volunteer Services Coordinator is responsible for a variety of administrative, volunteer coordination, and project support tasks that ensure policy and procedure compliance. This role will provide a consistently high-quality customer experience in core Library services on the phone, in person and on the web. This role develops, coordinates, and delivers core Library services, and expends/audits system resources with limited budgetary and decision-making authority over those resources. The Volunteer Services Coordinator is responsible for supervising volunteers under their area of responsibility, coordinating with staff system-wide, and coordinating access to resources (including the physical and virtual resources of the system). Most importantly, the Volunteer Services Coordinator is responsible for maintaining partnerships and relationships in the community through outreach. If you are a skilled and experienced coordinator of volunteers and volunteer programs, this may be the job for you!
Jefferson County Government, CO
Close Date: 10/21/21
Full time - Lakewood Library, CO
Annual Salary Range: $51,350.59 - $65,472.00
Category: Library Services - Training & Development - Reporting to Director of People & Culture (HR)
External Applicants: https://jefferson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/details/Volunteer-Services-Coordinator--LIB-_R-2577?p=2&q=volunteer
Internal Applicants: Please apply in Workday using "Finding Jobs."
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
The statements below are intended to describe the more specific nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. This description is subject to modification as the needs and requirements of the position change.
- Communicates expectations to staff about Library service and trends in customer service.
- Models best behavior practices for customer service.
- Creates condition for a quality customer experience in their core service system-wide.
- Recommends Library resources, including physical and virtual, so that residents have equal access to information and ideas.
- Implements industry best practices for merchandising, labeling and promoting Library resources as directed.
- Implements quality assurance methods in programs presented system-wide.
- Coordinates promotion of programs to target audiences.
- Conducts outreach into the community as directed.
- Maintains a safe environment for staff and public.
CORE LIBRARY SERVICE
- Coordinates system-wide services in core Library functions.
- Participates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish goals and objectives and coordinates these teams in area of focus.
- Applies input from community for creating and implementing system-services using established industry benchmarks.
- Applies established industry benchmarks in service creation and provision as directed.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends in libraries and related fields to identify new services for development and implementation system-wide.
- Provides quality assurance in programs presented in their area of responsibility, including off-site locations.
- Coordinates promotion of programs to target audiences.
- Routinely provides direct customer service occasionally in non-routine situations.
- Participates in special assignments such as prototyping new services.
- Supervises short-term projects outside typical area of responsibility.
SUPERVISION & MANAGEMENT
- Hires, assigns, trains, directs, and supervises volunteers and interns in area of responsibility.
- Oversees recruitment and screening of volunteers for appropriate placement in specific programs and activities.
- Promotes volunteer programs through news releases, flyers, public presentations, and internet-based sources.
- Maintains volunteer information on the JCPL web site.
- Creates recruitment materials, including volunteer opportunities brochure and group guidelines brochures and fliers.
- Oversees placement of volunteers into individual programs for successful engagement in JCPL activities and programs.
- Provides leadership towards the Library's mission, vision and values.
- Collaborates and coordinates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish JCPL goals and objectives as well as Division goals and objectives.
- Uses and continually develops leadership skills and participates in on-going professional development.
- Maintains skills, knowledge and subject matter expertise in areas of responsibility and industry trends through training and professional development.
- Attends conferences and participates in development activities.
- Provides input for core service budget.
- Audits spending per established procedures and limits.
- Participates in annual planning for library services.
- Provides input for anticipated local and system needs.
- Communicates goals and strategic priorities to staff system-wide and volunteers under their supervision
- Other duties as assigned.
Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology. Position reports to the Human Resources Manager within the People and Culture Department of the Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL).
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits including:
-- Generous paid time off and paid holidays.
-- Employee appreciation events throughout the year.
-- Flexibility to assist in your work/life balance.
-- Various benefits and wellness opportunities to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
-- Tuition reimbursement program.
-- Retirement savings plans.
-- Training opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Additional Info & Requirements
The Volunteer Services Coordinator is responsible for:
- Providing a consistent quality customer experience in core JCPL services on the phone, in person and on the web.
- Developing, coordinating and delivering core JCPL services.
- Expending and auditing system resources, with limited budgetary and decision-making authority over those resources.
- Supervising volunteers under their area of responsibility, and coordinating with staff system-wide.
- Coordinating access to resources, including the physical and virtual resources of the system.
- Maintaining partnerships and relationships in the community through outreach.
Communicates and demonstrates the organization's mission, vision and values in ways that gains the support of others. Mentors, motivates and guides others toward successful results that further organizational goals and priorities.
Imagines, sponsors or embraces changes to services, processes, tools or technologies. Continually looks for creative ways to improve services. Effectively tackles problems using available resources, taking risks and systematically evaluating approaches. Works collaboratively with others to develop and implement solutions. Looks for opportunities to say ‘yes’.
Accepts responsibility for own actions and decisions. Keeps commitments--provides follow through and focuses on desired results. Produces high quality work by verifying that information is complete and accurate. Finds opportunities for improved outcomes. Builds trust by being honest and seeking feedback from others.
Maintains knowledge and expertise needed for high performance. Focuses on quality and delivers outstanding results. Consistently motivated to achieve individual, team and organizational goals. Positive, professional and productive even during challenging circumstances.
Living and working in Jefferson County offers the quintessential Colorado lifestyle sought after by many. Residents enjoy easy access to mountain activities such as hiking, skiing and rafting, while also being able to take advantage of the eclectic amenities offered by the greater metropolitan Denver area. It's a place where the great plains meet the Rocky Mountains with some of the most magnificent scenery in the country. We have rolling grasslands and craggy rock formations, natural foothills, rugged mountains and tumbling mountain streams. Jefferson County, commonly called Jeffco, is the fourth most populous of the 64 counties of the State of Colorado. Located along the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, Jefferson County is adjacent to the west side of the state capital, Denver. The total county population is 534,543 according to the 2010 census. A career with Jefferson County Government offers the best candidates career growth and a diverse workforce. More than a paycheck, your job enriches the lives of the citizens of Jefferson County. Jefferson County offers great benefits, plentiful holidays, and now is a major stop along RTD’s new Light Rail West Line. Located at the heart of the foothills of Golden, city life, bike paths, hiking and adventure are just a step away. When you’re ready to learn, grow, and make a contribution to your community, find your career with us.
Human Resources / Job Listings
Recruitment Coordinator (p) 303-275-6168 (e) hr@JeffcoLibrary.org