Enrich Lives. Ignite Curiosity. Cultivate Connections.
Meridian Library District, awarded the National Medal for Museums and Libraries and a Library of Congress Literacy Best Practices Award in 2019, serves 120,000 residents in the fastest-growing city in Idaho through four locations, a full-service bookmobile, and a virtual branch. Two new branches are currently in design and are anticipated to open in 2022-2023.
This full-time Assistant Director position:
- Oversees and assists with budgets and expenditures, performing planning and evaluation, and conducting studies and reports
- Is an effective and active advocate for the library in the media and community
- Directly supervises managers of MLD’s public-facing department
- Leads the administration of services by assisting with coordinating, overseeing, planning, and evaluating major library services, public-facing departments, administrative functions, and library policies
- Acts in place of the Library Director in the Director's absence
- Plans and oversees all public service elements and day-to-day operations for the district
Rate of Pay: $70,000 - $90,000, depending on experience
Benefits: Eligible for a competitive benefits package including generous paid time off and 100% employer-paid monthly health insurance premium for employee medical, dental, and vision coverage with the option to add dependents and spouse at low-cost rates. For a full description of the benefits associated with this position, download the PDF here.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Generous paid time off and 100% employer-paid monthly health insurance premium for employee medical, dental, and vision coverage with the option to add dependents and spouse at low-cost rates. For a full description of the benefits associated with this position, download the PDF here.
Meridian, ID is the second-largest city in Idaho and one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States. The library serves a community of almost 120,000 residents and is executing 4 capital projects funded by a voter-approved Plant Facility Levy. A former small farming town, Meridian is a suburb of the state capital, Bosie but located in the heart of the Treasure Valley. Frequently named on "best places to live" lists, Meridian has access to outdoor recreation, and a strong economy, despite COVID19 disruptions.
Human Resources / Job Listings
Human Resources Department