The Broomfield Library and Cultural Affairs department has an opening for a full-time Outreach Librarian. We are seeking a high performing, innovative and team-focused individual who has a passion for working with community serving organizations, schools, and other partners to engage new audiences for library services. Excellent benefits; click the benefits header for details.
Why Broomfield Library?
We are a community connector. We are a busy Family Place Library that is a community destination for families to play and learn together. We have a strong sense of pride and identity and work extensively to bring the highest quality programs and services to those we serve. Guided by vision to inspire, empower and connect all who engage with us, we seek innovative solutions to community concerns and aspirations.
Are you a good fit?
- Capacity to exercise considerable initiative and sound judgment, and to handle and maintain confidential information
- Enthusiastic about providing excellent customer service in alignment with organizational expectations
- Involved in the larger professional library community and aware of outreach and programming trends
- Excited to join the children’s library staff and work across library teams to fulfill library wide outreach goals
- Enjoys varied work tasks; flexible and adaptable
- Skilled in evaluating programs and responding to patron interests
- Creative and organized; efficient at planning events
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Community-driven and able to connect with community members and organizations
Additional Information & Requirements
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree in library science or a related field is preferred. Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
Knowledge of early literacy, understanding of child development, and experience with library programming for children and families preferred.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
The City & County of Broomfield offers a comprehensive benefit package for part time employees scheduled/budgeted at 30 - 32 hours per week and full time employees scheduled/budgeted 40 hours per week. Click here for details.
Broomfield, Colorado is a rapidly growing community located between Denver and Boulder. Currently home to 62,000 people, it is becoming a hub for technology and healthcare. Broomfield is located within an hour’s drive of the mountains and has a relatively mild climate. Miles of trails and open space and varied cultural opportunities enhance the quality of life. The library is an active participant in the community and enjoys excellent support from residents and the city and county.
City and County of Broomfield HR department 303.438.6320