Cultural and Historic Resources Task Force Steering Committee
Emergency Management for Cultural Organizations
The Colorado Cultural and Historic Resources Task Force seeks an intern to plan and develop a database for state‐wide emergency management. Under the supervision of museum and library professionals, the scope of this project (Phase I) will include:
- Researching examples of similar state databases, used for locating cultural sites during emergencies ‐ Information gathered in this step will inform database field selection and design.
- Updating entries and adding cultural and historic organizations to the existing Colorado database.
- Developing a plan and budget for converting the database into an interactive map, Phase II of the project.
- Experience working with cultural or historical collections or organizations, such as museums, libraries, archives, or performing art venues.
- Have recently received or are currently working toward a degree (undergraduate or graduate) in preservation, museum studies, database management, or a related field.
- A strong desire to pursue a career in cultural heritage management.
- Experience with Excel required, experience with GIS preferred.
Compensation: $1830 stipend for approximately 150 hours of work
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to Christina Cain at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review will begin December 20th, 2021.
This project is grant funded by the Foundation for Advancement in Conservation (FAIC), Alliance for Response program. Funded work must be completed by June 30, 2022.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Low and High wages not applicable. This is paid by fixed stipend: $1830.
About Cultural and Historic Resources (CHR) Task Force Steering Committee
Headquarters: no physical location
Mission: We work to improve the State of Colorado’s mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery efforts for cultural and historic resources. Our work is written into the State of Colorado Emergency Operations Plan.