Napa Valley College
Faculty (Full-time, Temporary)
Napa Valley College
Systems and Technology Librarian (One-Year, Full-Time Leave Replacement)
Salary: See Position Description
Job Number: 2021-00033
Closing Date: 1/5/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
Complete job description and application available online at: http://22.214.171.124/counter.php?id=214904
UPDATED on 12/9/2021.
Napa Valley College is seeking an individual with demonstrated instructional skills to join an outstanding team of faculty and instructional administrators to provide high quality programs and services to our district, our community, and most importantly, our students. This position offers the opportunity to participate in developing and implementing the philosophy and curriculum of the Library and Learning Resource Center at Napa Valley College.
This is a full-time leave replacement faculty position for the Spring 2022 and Fall 2022 Semesters beginning no sooner than February 2022. This assignment is temporary in nature and does not constitute "contract" or "tenure-track" status. Instead, the assignment is temporary in nature pursuant to Education Code 87482. Please be aware that temporary faculty members may only work in excess of 67% two out of six semesters. A faculty member who has served as a leave replacement during the fall 2021 semester, 2020-2021 academic year, or spring 2020 semester will not qualify for this two-semester leave replacement assignment.
This position will work a prorated number of days in the spring 2022 semester based on start date and 88 days during the fall 2022 semester, in accordance with the district/faculty agreement. Appointments are contingent upon approval of the college's Board of Trustees. The current annual salary range for the 2021-2022 academic year is $61,279-$71,243. Salary will be prorated based on the number of workdays in the assignment. Placement on the salary range is commensurate with education and experience. Medical benefits available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under direction of the Assistant Superintendent/Vice President of Academic Affairs and the Senior Dean of Language Arts, Library, Social Sciences, and Distance Education
• Serve as systems Online Computer Library Center , EZProxy, administrator, including troubleshooting, and maintaining the systems in place to optimize functionality. the Napa Valley College (NVC) Integrated Library System (ILS), Polaris.
• Configure and customize the ILS to improve user experience. Recommend and implement new features.
• Ensure database and eBook integration within the Polaris ILS, Springshare LibGuides Content Management System (CMS) and Canvas Learning Management System (LMS)
• Participate in collection development and management of print and electronic resources.
• Help establish methods for collecting statistical data for library analysis to inform decision-making.
• Communicate with instruction librarians and disciplinary faculty to ensure that the library has adequate resources to support current and proposed courses or programs.
• Work cooperatively with the supervising administrator, and other library faculty and staff and educational partners, including Napa County Libraries, to develop and maintain quality collections, systems, and services.
• Provide library instruction and research services as needed in collaboration with the research and instruction librarian
• Represent the college library in regional and professional organizations.
• Provides reference, instruction, and technology support to library patrons.
• Provides individual and group training to library staff.
• Assist the senior dean in program development and evaluation, and other departmental tasks.
• Participate in professional development activities.
• Maintain current knowledge in library system operations and solutions.
• Perform related duties in the Library as assigned.
Assignment may include a combination of day, evening, weekend, off-campus classes, and online or other technology-supported instruction. All full-time temporary leave replacement are required to adhere to contractual obligations, meet assigned classes, maintain regular office hours, assist and advise students, participate in division activities and appropriate college committees, including regular faculty meetings of the department and division. Napa Valley College believes in ongoing professional development that assists faculty in improving their teaching skills, providing support to students, and encouraging responsibility within the college community.
Earned Master’s degree in library science, library and information science;
The equivalent. If you do not possess the stated minimum educational qualifications as stated above and are seeking consideration on the basis of equivalency, a Request for Equivalency Review (Download PDF reader) form must be submitted at the time of application.
All degrees must be from an accredited college or university.
• Demonstrated experience as a librarian.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic background of community college students.
Desirable Professional Competencies
• One year of full-time or two years of part-time library experience at a college or university, preferably at a community college level.
• Demonstrated experience in:
---- Administering, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining a Library Services Platform (LSP) such as Ex Libris, Alma, and Primo.
---- Knowledge of and experience supporting library specific software, e.g. OCLC, EZProxy
---- Creating accurate statistical reports using reporting functions in an LSP
---- Developing and maintaining a variety of collections in an integrated and automated library system.
---- Teaching via Canvas or other Learning Management Systems.
---- Developing and revising college-level curriculum. Assessing student learning outcomes.
---- Providing reference service using print and digital information resources.
---- Integrating the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy in Higher Education into college services, learning objects, and instruction.
---- Incorporating and expanding the use of technology in the delivery of library programs and services.
• Work collaboratively with others;
• Promote library services and resources to both the college community and community at large;
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
A. Applicants must complete the online application through GovernmentJobs.com. All elements of the application, including supplemental questions, must be submitted in order for the application to be considered complete.
Internal applicants are still required to submit a complete application for this position. This includes submission of transcripts and all other required application materials.
The District will not accept materials by e-mail, fax, or mail.
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS: If you are in need of special services or facilities due to a disability in order to apply or interview for this opening, please contact the Office of Human Resources, Training & Development.
Napa Valley College, an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, maintains a drug-free workplace and requires that employees abide by that policy.
For more information, contact the Office of Human Resources, Training & Development:
2277 Napa-Vallejo Highway
Napa, CA 94558
For technical support, contact NEOGOV at (855) 524-5627.
External Job Ad