Jefferson County Public Libraries
Library Collection Services - Wheat Ridge, CO
Job Description Summary
The Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) is hiring an vibrant, innovative and dynamic Collection Services Supervisor to oversee all aspects of print and electronic collection selection, collection maintenance, acquisitions, and interlibrary loan/resource sharing for JCPL. This position supports the mission and vision of Jefferson County Public Library by overseeing the creation of a collection for the citizens of Jefferson County. This position collaborates on decisions regarding collection policy and development, new content platforms, resource sharing and budget oversight for collection-related services. Supervises staff in area of responsibility. Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119 and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association. Position reports to the Collections Manager.
- SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES: The statements below are intended to describe the more specific nature and level of work being performed that is assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. This description is subject to modification as the needs and requirements of the position change.
- SUPERVISION: Supervises staff in area of responsibility. Administers and makes recommendations for routine personnel matters affecting subordinates, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, leave, appraisals, and taking corrective action. Conducts performance evaluations.
- CORE LIBRARY SERVICE: Communicates expectations to staff about Library services and trends. Works collaboratively and participates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish goals and objectives. Applies input from the community and staff to support and direct collection development. Maintains current knowledge of trends in libraries and collections and related fields to suggest new services for development and implementation system-wide.
- COLLECTION SUPERVISION: Lead the development of new initiatives in the areas of collection management. Oversee the management of print, e-resources and electronic/database collections. Collaborate in the development and implementation of collection policies. Oversees collection maintenance and provides the weeding guidelines and schedule for the Library. Works with vendors on new and existing services/subscriptions.
- INTERLIBRARY LOAN/RESOURCE SHARING: Lead the development of new initiatives in resource sharing. Oversees Interlibrary Loan and resource sharing (Prospector) in Jefferson County Public Library.
- COLLECTION DEVELOPMENT: This position is responsible for the selection of databases and serials for the library. This position also oversees requests for reference materials, special purchases, and the coordination of the purchase of Spanish materials.
- FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Collaborates on the assigning and management of the annual materials budget to ensure timely purchasing and acquisition of relevant materials. Ensures compliance with budget limits and established purchasing procedures under their supervision.
- STATISTICS: Provide in-depth collection analysis and statistics to ensure customer needs are being met and collection use is being analyzed. Utilize tools and resources provided for statistical analysis.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Paid Flex Holidays, PTO, Retirement Savings Options, Medical, Vision, Dental
In fulfilling our responsibilities to our customers, we commit to the following guiding principles.
We commit to collaborative and supportive relationships within Human Resources and with our customers. Open, constructive communication and problem solving will guide our professional relationships with one another.
We accept a variety of perspectives as healthy and work to identify common goals and objectives. We strive to create and maintain an environment of trust through open, honest and direct interaction with each other.
We commit to responding to the needs of our customers and will provide professional, knowledgeable and timely service.
We commit to on-going improvements in service delivery through creativity and best practices.
We treat all people with dignity, honesty and respect. We will demonstrate through our actions an understanding of and appreciation for diversity.
We believe in the honor and value of public service. Because of the unique responsibilities entrusted in us, we commit ourselves to the highest standards of ethical conduct, open communication and transparency.