Night and weekend availability is required. Locations may vary and be updated if additional vacancies become available.
Salary: $16.49 - $19.38 Hourly
Job Type: Part-Time (32 Hours)
Closing Date: 12/13/2021
Purpose: The Customer Experience Associate performs customer service duties, assisting customers with self-directed activities, technology training, finding library materials, using the catalog, circulation assistance, readers’ advisory, and merchandising materials. This role serves as a first point of contact for customers. This position provides excellent customer service by actively building connections with guests and proactively serving a diverse population using our Roving Service model.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
65% Customer Services:
- Greets customers as they arrive at the library, supporting DCL’s mission of providing customers with a consistent, exceptional experience. Demonstrates tact, professionalism, and hospitality in all guest interactions.
- Consistently demonstrates a courteous and helpful attitude to all customers in a variety of circumstances.
- Presents a positive image of the library in attitude, communications, and appearance while performing duties in both the public and staff areas.
- Proficiently performs circulation functions including login, check-in, check-out, placing holds and trace functions, collecting fines, searching databases, customer registration, and issuing library cards. Adept at opening and closing procedures.
- Connects customers with other community resources as the opportunity arises.
- Provides technical assistance to customers with computers, eReaders, and smartphones. Additional technical abilities to assist with the Recording Studio, and audio/visual equipment in meeting rooms.
- Provides proactive solutions to questions, offers guidance to access additional resources, and makes recommendations for further reading and viewing material.
- Assists in the implementation of branch activities or cross-departmental events.
- Maintains the merchandising and hand-selling of library materials.
- Handles phone customer service transactions, demonstrating professionalism in all communications.
- Responds promptly to emails and provides answers and guidance.
- Performs assigned money counting, collection maintenance, and missing parts tasks.
- Extends patience, empathy, and kindness to children of all ages and adults alike. Values teamwork and collaboration with co-workers, staff, and volunteers.
- Self-motivated, professional, outgoing, and engaging with customers, volunteers, and vendors.
10% Technical Performance:
- Maintains expert knowledge and use of computers, Microsoft Office Products, DCL information databases, and learning software.
- Learns new technology that is introduced in the industry and the organization, as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
One DCL Commitment: It is an expectation of each employee that you will exemplify Douglas County Libraries Brand, Culture and Values of welcoming to all, continual growth and authentic relationships.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Douglas County Libraries (DCL) is a Colorado PERA Member Employer, so you will be enrolled in Colorado PERA. For details on member benefits go to www.copera.org Elective DCL benefits include:
- Health Care Plans: medical, dental & vision
- Voluntary Plans: Accident, Critical Illness, Short Term, and Long Term Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage
- 401k & 457 plans (through CO PERA)
- Legal-ID Shield
Additional DCL benefits include:
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Extended Illness time off
- Leaves of Absence for Qualifying Events
*Benefits are subject to change