The Marketing and Graphics Specialist is responsible for the Library’s print and digital marketing. Responsibilities include design of graphics for print and digital promotion, drafting and scheduling content and posts for social media accounts and the web page, preparing advertising and press releases, and preparing monthly and special event newsletters. The Specialist communicates with organizations, groups, and individuals living in and serving Northern Chaffee County to create awareness of library services. The Specialist seeks growth in Library membership, collection and service use, and attendance at Library programs and events. The Specialist seeks and reports feedback to help Library administration facilitate a community-centered library. This position may have scheduled hours as a library assistant.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
BVPL offers paid time off, holiday pay and contributes to PERA retirement funds. Part-time employees of 20 hours per week or more are eligible for 50% paid health insurance.
The Buena Vista Public Library (Northern Chaffee County Library District) serves the residents and guests of the Town of Buena Vista and the northern portion of Chaffee County, nestled in the Arkansas River Valley, surrounded by picturesque mountains and rock formations. The total service area of 8,000 residents relies on the library as a hub for gathering, entertainment, resources and programming.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Edits and maintains a website designed for optimum user experience and access to Library resources and information.
- Drafts monthly newsletter content, design, and delivery.
- Compiles events and program calendars for print and digital marketing.
- Develops and prints informational material, posters, brochures, and bookmarks to promote library resources, goals, services, and news to a variety of audiences.
- Distributes Library promotions, news, and announcements to targeted audiences.
- Plans and implements online social media content and delivery.
- Ensures brand compliance on all Library communications.
- Tracts and reports website, newsletter, and social media activity.
- Communicates regularly with material selectors to coordinate collection promotions.
- Meets regularly with program coordinators to plan program graphics and promotions.
- Assists the Director in establishing marketing and social media goals and community engagement initiatives.
- Facilitates surveys and focus groups when required.
- Consults with peer libraries and professional associations on emerging trends and practices.
- Seeks professional development opportunities and attends relevant conferences and seminars.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
A minimum of a two-year degree in marketing, graphics, communications, library and information services, public policy, or a related field of study is preferred; at least two years of work experience in one or more of these fields; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Advanced technology skills, including extensive experience with photo editing and graphic software, Microsoft Office, Internet, social media platforms, web page editors, email marketing platforms, and G-Suite Aps.
· Excellent organization and time management skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication, grammar and editing skills.
· Ability to work well with a diverse group of cultures, values, and opinions.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
· Possible lifting, transport, setup and tear down of exhibit or display materials, including tent, tables and banners.
· Frequent use of computer.
· Some outdoor event staffing with possible inclement weather and noise.
Send resume, interest letter and three professional references to email@example.com. Submissions of graphics and writing samples encouraged.