Title: DELIVERY DRIVER
Location: Support Services, 12855 E. Adam Aircraft Circle, Englewood, CO 80112
Reports to: Manager
FLSA Status: Non - Exempt
Pay Rate: $15.15 - $18.52
Purpose: Delivers library materials, furniture and equipment to library sites by driving a box truck.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
80% MATERIAL DELIVERY AND SORTING
- Drives the box truck between facilities and other customer locations in order to pick up and deliver materials, furniture and equipment.
- Loads bins of library materials on to a box truck and sorts for delivery to various locations.
- Fills the vehicle with gas.
- Collects and submits fuel receipt for each fill-up.
- Cleans the vehicle interior and exterior as needed.
- Reports vehicle mechanical difficulties or damage to the Manager.
- Performs regular vehicle inspection and reports to appropriate channels.
Performs other related duties as assigned and requested.
- At least six months of delivery driver or related experience.
- Minimum age of 21 years old.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License with a clean driving record.
- Ability to drive a delivery van with automatic transmission.
- Ability to work varying shifts, including weekends.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and complete the job as efficiently as possible.
- Previous delivery driver experience using a light duty delivery van or box truck.
- Previous experience loading and unloading regular and bulky materials.
- Basic technology skills for Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Office 365.
The essential duties for this position are performed in outdoor environment while driving a box truck.
- Moderate noise (traffic, loading and unloading bins, office interactions).
- Ability to work in confined areas.
- Ability to work both inside and outside in all types of inclement weather conditions.
Physical activities required to perform essential duties include:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50-75% of the time.
- Must be able to move around 50-75% of the time.
- Ability to lift to 75 lbs.
- Ability to carry up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to push and pull a cart weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to kneel, crouch, reach and stoop 50% of the time.
- Ability to be mobile 100% of the time.
- Ability to stand and walk, bend and stretch without limitation, kneel, and, reach with hands and arms.
This job description describes the general level of work being performed and is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties or aspects associated with the job, and may be amended anytime based on business need. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Inclusion and diversity are part of our values at Arapahoe Libraries. Qualified applicants who represent the diversities of the communities we serve are encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Health Insurance, Long-term Disability, Voluntary Life, Retirement Plan, Time off programs (Vacation, Sick, Holidays)
Established in 1966, the Arapahoe Library District serves more than 200,000 residents living in Arapahoe County. Arapahoe County and other major suburban counties make up the greater metropolitan area surrounding Denver, Colorado. The Arapahoe Library District operates eight branch libraries, including mobile library services, and a library at the County Detention Center, funded by the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Department. A seven-member Board of Trustees sets the library budget and determines policy.
External Job Ad
APPLY ONLINE at http://arapahoelibraries.applicantpro.com/jobs/ and select the position you are interested in. Click on “Apply Now” and create a login that will allow you to submit interest for any open position. You may also attach a resume.