Under basic supervision, performs a wide variety of administrative and technical support functions of a responsible nature in relieving a Library Director or Division Manager of technical, organizational, and administrative duties; performs special assignments and resolves operational issues, using knowledge of the operations and policies of Teton County Library.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs experienced clerical, technical, and administrative duties, including special projects, special program activities, managing calendars, coordinating activities, data management, record keeping, research, and providing informed and confidential technical assistance to Library staff and clients; performs duties in accordance with County policy and procedures, and within scope of authority; duties may vary according to job assignment and work skills.
- Uses knowledge of County Library policies and state and federal regulations to assist work group with Library administrative support functions, technical procedures, and program administration; explains rules, policies, and procedures; works independently, and makes appropriate decisions based on experience.
- Exercises initiative in performing technical assignments and resolving problems; develops and creates technical and operational documents and reports; applies judgment and knowledge of the operations of the work group to resolve problems and make work process decisions; refers matters requiring policy interpretation to supervisor for resolution.
- Manages special projects and programmatic assignments, covering a wide variety of subjects requiring knowledge of the procedures and policies of the assigned Division; creates, reviews, edits, and processes memoranda, technical documents, and other communications.
- Perform routine and non-routine bookkeeping duties which may include accounts payable, receivable and billing; collect, receipt count, and balance money.
- Using knowledge of Library policies and procedures, provides experienced customer service, information, and assistance to visitors, staff, and others having business with the Library; assists customers with requests, applications, government forms, and other documents.
- May serve as secretary to various committees, Boards, and/or task forces; prepare, copy, and distribute meeting agendas and related materials, minutes, resolutions, or other formal documents.
- Maintains department files and library; collects and compiles statistical data; develops and creates administrative, technical, and statistical reports; updates manual and computer records and tracking systems.
- Purchases and distributes supplies and equipment, and manages inventory; works with vendors, verifies deliveries and services, and resolves customer service and technical issues.
- Cross trains in a wide variety of technical, clerical, and office support duties.
- Supports the relationship between the library staff and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with patrons and library staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and library information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
Additional Info & Requirements
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent; AND three years of clerical, technical, administrative support, and computer experience; OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Associate degree is desirable.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Must possess a valid Wyoming/Idaho Driver’s License and maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Specific technical training and certification may be required for some incumbents.
Required Knowledge of:
- Library organization, operations, policies, and procedures.
- Applicable policies, procedures, and regulations covering specific areas of assignment.
- Federal and state laws, and local ordinances covering specific areas of assignment.
- Library administration policies, including accounting, budgeting, payroll, and personnel rules.
- Principles of record keeping, case management, records retention, and confidential records management.
- Specialized Library and state agency technical forms and software applications.
- Customer service principles, protocols and methods.
- Business computers, standard MS Office software applications, and specialized software applications.
Required Skills in:
- Working independently, maintaining composure and confidentiality, and working effectively in a high-pressure environment with changing priorities.
- Understanding and applying relevant rules, ordinances, codes, regulations, policies, procedures, administrative orders, and other governing regulations.
- Interpreting and explaining policies and procedures of assigned department.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Researching, compiling, and reviewing data for special projects, and preparing narrative and statistical reports.
- Meeting critical time deadlines.
- Providing effective customer service and dealing tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Following verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment.
External Job Ad