Mamie Doud Eisenhower Public Library
The Broomfield library is looking for a bilingual Spanish speaker to join us in growing our services to the Broomfield Community. This part-time position is generally scheduled 19 hours/week and is not eligible for group health insurance. Please see the Benefits tab in the job posting for details. The schedule may vary and include days, evenings and weekends.
The ideal candidate is bilingual in English and Spanish and can speak, write and read both languages fluently to form relationships and identify the needs of the Spanish speaking community living in Broomfield.
The Broomfield Children’s Library has a central focus on early literacy, but serves all children from birth-12 years and their parents, caregivers and educators. We are a busy Family Place Library that is a community destination for families to play and learn together. This position will spend the majority of their time on our busy reference desk.
A rewarding position you will love:
- Become a member of a closely knit and innovative team.
- Promote a positive public image to patrons and teammates through friendly and responsive interactions.
- Make a positive impact on the lives of children and families
Scope of Work:
- Helps maintain Children’s Library and Family Place play areas.
- Demonstrates and assists patrons with use of computers and devices.
- Assists parents and other adults in selection of appropriate children's material.
- Assists children in use of the library and its resources.
- Provides reader’s advisory service for children and families.
- Is fully present. Gives customers their full attention and demonstrates a commitment to offer the best customer services.
- Possesses a basic knowledge concerning library services which will include practical experience in library services and programs.
- Knowledge of Broomfield community preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish: Speaking, Reading and Writing
Broomfield, Colorado is a rapidly growing community located between Denver and Boulder. Currently home to 62,000 people, it is becoming a hub for technology and healthcare. Broomfield is located within an hour’s drive of the mountains and has a relatively mild climate. Miles of trails and open space and varied cultural opportunities enhance the quality of life. The library is an active participant in the community and enjoys excellent support from residents and the city and county.
City and County of Broomfield HR department 303.438.6320