The Prescott Valley Public Library is looking for a Youth Librarian to focus on our tweens (middle schoolers) community! We want someone who can bring much needed programming and support to our tween community and give them a space where they’re not ruled by older kids. We give you the opportunity to grow in an environment where all ideas are welcomed. We don't have the traditional "working in a box" philosophy. There is no box!
If you value integrity and enjoy making a difference in your community we'd love for you to join our team!
In this position you will:
- Develop, implement, host and evaluate tween programs and services to encourage use of library facilities and materials, also assist in programming for 0-8 year-olds. Develop and maintain collection of print and digital materials, especially for tweens.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patrons including children and adults while modeling the Library’s Code of Conduct standards.
- Develop and maintains professional relationships with schools, community groups, agencies and non-profits that target youth to deliver programs that meet local tween needs and interests.
- Advocates and promotes the value of tween library services and resources throughout the community via social networks, traditional face-to-face contacts, as well as the mass media (radio, television, and local newspapers). Maintain the Tween page of the Library website and assist with the Children’s page.
- Actively attends and participates in continuing education activities such as professional library conferences, seminars, and network committees. Remains current in library trends and issues through reading professional literature and participating in staff meetings.
- The Youth Services Librarian position serves as a leadership role within the library and may require supervising paid staff and volunteers.
Need to have/be:
- Master's degree in Library Science and three (3) years full time professional librarian.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- A documented work history that demonstrates a strong commitment to strengthening the contribution of children and tweens to improve the quality of life in their communities through public library programs and resources.
- A team player with outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, willing to put team needs above self.
- Energetic, self-motivated and dedicated to provide a high level of service to a diverse customer base.Highly organized with strong project and time management skills.
- Proficient in technologies such as web and graphic design and social media, using platforms such as Wix, Canva, MS Office, Google apps, Facebook and Instagram. Ability to assist others with general computer and technology issues.
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background screening.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
- Medical: Blue Cross Blue Shield of AZ; Employee coverage paid at 100% by Town. Family coverage optional at $390.02 month.
- Dental: Ameritas; Employee coverage paid at 100% by Town. Family coverage optional at $33.00 month.
- Life Insurance: Town provided supplemental life insurance at one times the employee's base pay up to $100,000.
- Voluntary Individual and Family Term Life Insurance: Additional term life insurance coverage available for employee, spouse and children.
- General Leave: 120 hours the first year, increasing annually up to 200 hours for hourly employees. That is increased by 40 hours for salaried employees.
- Holidays: Eleven (11) paid holidays; Eight (8) hours per day for FT employees.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Pre-tax pay deductions to use for eligible medical or dependent daycare costs.
- Disability Insurance: Town provided personal illness or injury short and long term disability benefits with 50% and 60% lost wages replacement respectively.
- Workers' Compensation: Provides 100% lost wages and related medical benefits as for on the job work related illness or injuries.
- Retirement Plans: Town contributes 2% of employee's earnings in a Retirement Health Savings (RHS) Plan and 13% of employee's earning into a 401a defined contribution plan. Employees contribute 1% and 8% respectively. Optional 457 plan also available. The Town does not participate in AZASRS.
- MediCare: While the Town provides the required contributions towards MediCare we do not participate in Social Security.
Prescott Valley sits at 5,100 feet, occupying a spectacular valley between the Bradshaw and Mingus Mountains. Wide open spaces and clean mountain air envelop smart growth and a commitment to positive progress. Our family-oriented community boasts a lifestyle of cultural, recreational and educational activities, a low crime rate and superior public service. Additionally we are just ten minutes away from historic Prescott, the county seat. With all it has going for it, no wonder Prescott Valley is often ranked among the top places to live in America.
We enjoy a mild year-round climate with four distinct and equally pleasant seasons. Just an hour’s drive (and at least 15 degrees cooler!) from the metropolis of Phoenix and its deserts and lakes, and a little more than an hour from Flagstaff (and at least 15 degrees warmer!) and its snow-capped mountains and ski slopes, Prescott Valley is perfectly positioned to access most any area of the State. Historic Prescott is just 10 minutes away.
External Job Ad