Library Research Service - Colorado State Library (Dept. of Education)
Denver Metro, CO
Are you someone with excellent data and evaluation skills?
Would you excel at leveraging your skills to make data accessible and useful for libraries?
Would you thrive on working for the good of Colorado’s communities?
If you answered a resounding “Yes!” to those questions, this might be the perfect role for you. The Colorado State Library is seeking a Research Analyst for the Library Research Service. This position is for full time and includes medical and retirement benefits, as well as the option for remote work. Note that this is a non-classified position.
The Research Analyst conducts research and evaluation for and about the Colorado library community, consults with Colorado libraries about statistics and evaluation, and provides professional development about these topics to members of the Colorado library community.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts original research and analyzes available data to inform the library profession, educators, and decision-makers about topics crucial to library services in Colorado.
- Provides consulting to the Colorado library community about statistics and evaluation.
- Manages outcome-based evaluations of state library programs, including study design, instrument development, data collection, statistical analysis, and reporting.
- Makes regular contributions to print and web-based publications related to research and statistics about libraries and library issues.
- Provides training about data and evaluation to a variety of audiences, both expert and non-expert.
- In collaboration with Library Research Service staff, designs and produces infographics and other innovative visual presentations of data.
- Works closely with the Library Research Service Web Developer to provide online access to data and to manage web-based evaluation tools.
- Responds to external research/statistics questions assigned by the Director or received in the Director's absence. Responds to internal research/statistics questions from State Library or Colorado Department of Education staff.
- Stays current with the library profession through conferences, workshops, online learning, professional literature, etc. Actively participates in knowledge sharing with colleagues.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
Master's degree in library and information science, statistics, or related field (e.g., education, social sciences).
Graduate-level coursework in research methods and statistics.
Up to 6 years of related work experience can be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
Competency and Qualification Requirements:
- Experience conducting all parts of the research process including study design, instrument development, data collection, statistical analysis, and reporting.
- Minimum three (3) years related work experience (e.g., social science research, program evaluation).
- Experience using statistical analysis software (e.g., SPSS) and Microsoft Office.
- Experience demonstrating collegiality and a strong service orientation with co-workers, clients, and third parties.
- Outstanding written, verbal, presentation, and training skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively about statistics with diverse stakeholders, including library researchers, practitioners, and the public.
- Ability to travel within/outside of Colorado up to 10% of work time.
Colorado Department of Education – What We Do
The Colorado Department of Education (CDE) provides leadership, resources, support and accountability to the state's 178 school districts, 1,888 schools, over 53,000 teachers and over 3,200 administrators to help them build capacity to meet the needs of the state's approximately 905,000 public school students. In addition, CDE provides structural and administrative support to the Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind and the Charter School Institute.
As the administrative arm of the State Board of Education, CDE is responsible for implementing state and federal education laws, disbursing state and federal funds, holding schools and districts accountable for performance, licensing all educators, and providing public transparency of performance and financial data.
CDE is a values-based agency that serves students, parents, and the general public by protecting the public trust through ensuring adherence to laws, strong stewardship of public funds, and accountability for student performance.
Why Work For CDE
The work we do is rewarding and impacts the students, families, educators, and communities across Colorado. Our leadership also promotes a culture that puts families and self-care as a priority. Along with meaningful work and an environment that puts employees first, the state also offers rich benefits that intend to make us an Employer of Choice!
The following is a summary of the benefits we offer:
- Flexible work schedules and flexible workplace options that may include flexible working hours, working from home, working in the office, and/or a hybrid working environment.
- Premier medical, dental, vision and dependent life insurance options. All with a generous employer contribution keeping employee costs as low as possible.
- Employer paid short-term disability and life insurance
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals
- Retirement through the Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) www.copera.org
- Employer paid RTD Eco Pass (certain restrictions may apply)
- Paid professional development opportunities
Complete Applications must include the following documents:
- Completed Application Required
- Cover Letter Required - uploaded as an attachment to your online application.
- Resume Required - uploaded as an attachment to your online application.
** Resumes and Cover Letters WILL NOT be reviewed for minimum qualification screening.
Effective September 20, 2021, employees will be required to attest to and verify that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Employees who have not been fully vaccinated will be required to submit to twice-weekly serial testing. Testing details will be provided during the onboarding process. Upon hire, new employees will have three (3) business days to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination.
Testing will take place in-person and will be considered paid work time.
Note: Fully Vaccinated means two (2) weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series of the COVID 19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two (2) weeks after the single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, as defined by the State of Colorado’s Public Health Order and guidance issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) and Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
The Colorado Department of Education is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.