Position Summary: Support the mission of Pikes Peak Library District by overseeing the tactical execution of multiple, concurrent marketing communication projects, as well as requests for signage, print collateral, translation, filming, and photography needs. Serve as marketing liaison for Public Services to ensure cohesiveness and consistency of branding and messaging across external communication assets and channels
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Coordinate all marketing communication projects, including marketing content and creative production; handle other requests for signage, print collateral, translation, filming, and photography.
- Provide superb customer service; ensure timely communication and maintain strong relationships.
- Coordinate process and workflow throughout project lifecycles, including but not limited to: schedules, task assignments, status updates, proofing, editing, production, and delivery.
- Collaborate with others to ensure projects and requests stay within scope and budget while meeting quality, deadlines, and brand adherence.
- Serve as marketing liaison for Library Services, physical locations, and mobile library services to ensure the following: promotional planning alignment; brand oversight, consistency, and accountability; and continuous marketing process improvements.
- Serve as District’s liaison for marketing-related vendors, such as signage and translation services; responsible for estimates and orders, as well as coordination of distribution and installation.
- Support development and execution of marketing strategies, plans, and budgets, along with other promotional campaigns, new initiatives, public events, and other related activities.
- Maintain records and key documents for projects, requests, and orders; monitor and report on progress, as well as any delays and course corrections, to key stakeholders.
- Support content curation, copywriting, and proofreading of assigned projects.
- Manage internal procedures, templates, and forms for marketing-related projects, orders, and requests; make recommendations and continuous process improvements.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Duties are considered non-essential and include the following:
- Keep informed about Library and department information; maintain active knowledge of current activities and strategic initiatives across District.
- Maintain courteous, positive image of PPLD.
- Prepare and submit monthly statistics for department reporting.
- Assist in developing and managing departmental budget, along with vendor contracts, in collaboration with other Communications staff and Finance Office.
- Stay current on industry trends, current events, and community news.
- Participate in special projects as assigned, including initiatives, campaigns, and/or events.
- Engage in professional development and educational opportunities—from community and professional organizations to internal committees and teams.
- Attend regular department meetings and scheduled all-staff meetings, in addition to special events and other meetings as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The employee is expected to perform or possess the following:
- Thorough knowledge of PPLD’s policies and procedures, with ability to follow them and communicate them to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to act as ambassador of PPLD by promoting its mission and vision.
- Understanding of Library services and departmental guidelines, standards, and priorities.
- Adept knowledge of project coordination, along with marketing and branding best practices; understanding of creative production.
- Demonstrates strong project and time management skills with a deadline- and results-driven mindset.
- Ability to juggle multiple demands simultaneously in fast-paced, detail-rich environments, as well as prioritize and organize projects and tasks with keen attention to detail.
- Known for superb customer service and collaboration with staff, partners, patrons, and vendors; exhibits excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Thrives on establishing processes and streamlining workflows for effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Exhibits sound judgment and professional demeanor in all situations; thinks and acts appropriately under pressure.
- Ability to be responsive, adaptable, and supportive team player who values working in diverse environments with people of various backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures.
- Exhibits proficiency in using application software and other platforms, including but not limited to: project coordination, Microsoft Office Suite and 365, and standard office equipment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed; occasional early mornings, evenings, and weekend hours may be necessary for events and other Library-related activities.
Education and Experience:
1. Requires at least 4-6 years of professional experience in marketing project coordination or a related role that involves oversight of creative workflow processes.
2. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field, which can be substituted by a minimum of 6-8 years of relevant professional experience.
3. Previous experience working with public information in a library or nonprofit setting is preferred.
4. Bilingual ability in English and Spanish is a plus in serving a diverse community.
Must have access to reliable transportation for local travel.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work is primarily conducted in an office setting that provides comfortable lighting, temperature, and air conditions. The position requires the ability to sit and use a computer or standard office equipment for extended periods. It also requires local travel, as well as the ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. May be able to make accommodations.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting rooms, e.g. use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations.
DATE POSTED: March 04, 2022
PRIMARY LOCATION: 1175 Chapel Hills Dr., Colorado Springs, CO 80920
STARTING WAGE: $22.83 per hour + full benefits (for benefits information, please see: http://ppld.org/jobs/benefits)
POSITION HOURS: 40 hours per week per the following schedule:
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Some mornings, evenings and weekends required on occasion.
Note: Regular schedule may be subject to minor changes due to required meetings, training events, etc. Also, management may require modifications to a position’s schedule, days, times and locations at any time as the needs of the Library District change.
1. Complete a PPLD online application located at ppld.org on/Jobs the Application tab
2. Attachments should be submitted in the following file types: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .pdf, .htm
3. Requires resume and cover letter
4. If you require an accommodation to complete your job application, please contact the Human Resources Office at (719) 531-6333, Ext. 6380
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled. Preference will be given to applications received by March 16, 2022 at 9:59 p.m. MDT.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
All selected candidates…
§ are required to complete a Department of Homeland Security I-9 Form at the time of hire and must be able to provide acceptable documentation in order to verify his/her legal right to be employed in the U.S. (pursuant to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986). Pikes Peak Library District participates in E-Verify.
§ are subject to a full reference and background investigation including verification of identification (including verification of Social Security number using USCIS E-verify), education, former employment, and criminal history.
§ may be uniformly tested for job-related skills and required physical abilities.
§ may be required to undergo a physical examination after a job offer is extended in order to ensure that the job’s physical
§ requirements are met.
§ must understand and comply with PPLD’s drug-free workplace policy.
§ understand and agree that they have been hired at the will of the employer and that employment may be terminated at any time, with or without reason, and with or without notice.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pikes Peak Library District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation including gender orientation, genetic information, military status, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. The library reserves the right to hire more than one person per advertised vacancy.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
External Job Ad
Soumya Gollapalli : email@example.com