Scope of the Position: The Community Relations Coordinator is responsible for the library district’s print and digital marketing and media, including the design and implementation of media content, graphics, advertising, outreach, press releases, and announcements. The effective Coordinator builds collaborative relationships with organizations and individuals in the service area of Rampart Library District, while also creating awareness, facilitating use, and garnering support of the Woodland Park and Florissant Libraries through their efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Edits and maintains a user-friendly website.
● Plans and delivers online social media and Google Business content.
● Coordinates monthly newsletter design and delivery.
● Compiles and distributes program calendars.
● Develops print and digital media to promote library services to a variety of audiences.
● Distributes promotions, news, and announcements to targeted audiences.
● Ensures brand standard compliance in facilities and media.
● Tracks and reports website, newsletter, and social media activity.
● Collaborates with material selectors to coordinate collection promotions.
● Meets regularly with managers to coordinate graphics and promotions.
● Builds relationships with advertising vendors and stakeholders
● Conducts outreach through participation at local events, networking, and presentations.
● Hosts events to build awareness of services.
● Performs market research.
● Keeps abreast of library marketing trends and practices.
● Seeks professional development opportunities.
● Works with staff to stay within budget.
● Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
● A minimum of a two-year degree in marketing, communications, public policy, or a related field of study is preferred.
● Two or more years of work experience in the fields indicated in the statement above.
● Any combination of education and experience that can lead to successful execution of the duties described in the section above.
● Technology skills, including experience with photo editing and graphic software, Microsoft Office, Internet, social media platforms, web page editors (specifically Wordpress), email marketing platforms, and G-Suite Apps.
● Organization and time management skills.
● Knowledge of marketing principles and techniques.
● Excellent written and oral communication, grammar and editing skills. Work Environment and Physical Demands
● Attendance at events both in and out of libraries at various times of the day.
● Requires flexibility in schedule.
● Possible lifting, transport, setup and tear-down of exhibit or display materials, including tents, tables and banners.
● Frequent computer use.
● Some outdoor event staffing includes possible inclement weather and noise.
● Frequent contact with the public and press.
Note: This job description is not an employment contract. The Director reserves the right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any employment relationship with the Library is legally considered to be one of employment-at-will, in which either party may terminate this relationship for any reason at any time.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Partial coverage of PERACare medical insurance for employee and family, with group discounted dental and vision plans available as well.
Additional Info & Requirements
Rampart Library District is located in Teller County, Colorado, just north of America's mountain Pikes Peak. Residents enjoy epic views of alpine forests and the Rocky Mountains, along with unparalleled access to outdoor activities like hiking, camping, boating, snowshoeing and fishing. Woodland Park is the "City Above the Clouds." Culture and amenities abound in this wonderful destination, including the fabled Woodland Park Library, and Colorado Springs is less than twenty minutes down the road. If getting away from it all is more your speed, the towns of Divide and Florissant offer ample opportunities for a rural lifestyle and the enjoyment of nature.
Rampart Library District (RLD) is seeking a positive, energetic individual with super people skills to coordinate its marketing efforts across a wide array of digital and print mediums. Library experience is not required. A passion for communications and promotion is highly preferred. Successful candidates will possess excellent computer, writing, and graphic design skills. The Community Relations Coordinator position will serve both the Florissant and Woodland Park branches of RLD.
Contact Director Tim Miller with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-687-9281 ext. 101. Please send an application, resume, and cover letter via email attachment to Mary Ann Sperry: email@example.com.