This position has been reopened with slightly different requirements. Check it out!
The Library strategically aligns our programs to improve institutional student learning goals. We leverage the benefits of student-centered, active learning to improve student outcomes. We value collegiality, collaboration, initiative, continuous learning, and experimentation—and we’re looking for a colleague who shares these values.
The Student Success Librarian will focus on the design and execution of Library projects in support of on-campus and concurrent enrollment information literacy instruction and retention efforts. The position is responsible for outreach, co-curricular programming, and inclusive information literacy instruction and assessment. The Student Success Librarian will be responsible for coordination with colleagues across the college in both Academic and Student Affairs and will participate in committee assignments and other support activities.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
- Collaborate with the Academic Learning Center and other units across campus to develop and assess student-centered information literacy programs, workshops, lesson plans, tutorials, and research guides
- Provide outreach focused on student, staff and instructor engagement through the creation of co-curricular programming
- Provide in-person and online reference and research assistance
- Participate in the analysis of program and student learning outcomes
- Assist in the support of campus-OER initiatives
- Staff the service desk as needed
- Work occasional evening or weekend hours
- Perform other duties as assigned
- ALA-accredited master's degree in library or information science by June 1, 2022.
- Demonstrated history of professional development or coursework in culturally responsive practices
- One (1) year experience providing information literacy instruction in an academic setting
- Experience or coursework in student-centered instructional strategies
- Experience in creating co-curricular library programming
- Experience providing chat reference
- Experience creating library guides or tutorials
- Active in engaging diverse populations and demonstrated dedication to education equity for minoritized populations.
- Fluency in one or more language other than English
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
CCA offers an excellent benefit plan. Leave and holiday benefits are also included. Full time employees immediately upon hire earn 15 hours a month annual leave and 10 hours a month sick leave. https://internal.cccs.edu/human-resources/employee-benefits/.
Additional Info & Requirements
Effective January 1, 2022, the candidate selected for this position will be asked to provide their documentation of COVID-19 vaccination to the CCA Human Resources upon hire or agree to weekly COVID-19 testing with prompt submission of test results. Individuals may request an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons.
The Community College of Aurora (CCA) is a dynamic institution that is committed to serving its diverse student population through innovations in instruction and student support founded on principles of equity and inclusion. CCA is a public, two-year community college serving Aurora and east metro Denver and has been designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) by the U.S. Department of Education.
CCA enrolls 11,000 students annually, over 62% of whom are students of color, including nearly 32% Hispanic students. 65% of CCA students receive some type of financial aid, including 52% of whom receive Pell grants, and nearly two-thirds are first-generation college students. In addition to traditional degree and certificate programs, CCA offers non-credit professional development courses, customized training, and economic and workforce development resources to employer partners and individual professionals seeking to enhance the capacity and productivity of their workforce or individual knowledge and skills. The college centers our Inclusive Excellence work and applies an equity lens to everything we do.
Complete Applications must include the following documents:
- A complete online application
- A cover letter that describes how your experience aligns with the minimum and preferred qualifications of this position
- A current resume uploaded as an attachment to your online application
- If you are using education to qualify, a copy of your official or unofficial transcript showing that your degree has been conferred and the name of your school, or your NACES accreditation. Please submit this as an attachment to your online application
- For any questions or technical issues please contact HR@CCAurora.ed
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
- Individuals currently or formerly employed by the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, and/or who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
- For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
Colorado Residency Requirement:
Eligible applicants must be either a current Colorado resident or be able to provide proof of residency in Colorado within 30 days of the start date for the position, or they may be deemed ineligible for employment with the Community College of Aurora. Please contact HR@CCAurora.edu with any questions.