The Mayor Salvatore Mancini Union Free Library Board of Trustees are looking for a responsible custodian to maintain the external and internal appearance of our library.
· Experience in a custodian role focused on large building upkeep.
· Ability to Perform minor painting, carpentry and masonry work.
· Responsible for cleaning and miscellaneous maintenance requests as well as repairs to the facilities.
· Able to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
The Maintenance Custodians essential duties and responsibilities (but not limited to):
· perform routine custodial maintenance
· cleaning and sanitizing of all areas within the library
· maintains supply levels (toilet paper, paper towels, soap, etc)
· grounds keeping (sidewalks, parking lots, common areas, planting areas, including snow removal and sanding walkways)
· assists in moving and setting up furniture and equipment as needed
· interactions with staff, administration and patrons
· supervise Maintenance Associate
· respond to Alarm Company on off hours as needed
· set priorities, coordinate multiple tasks and meet deadlines,
· solve problems independently and work well under pressure with an enthusiastic attitude
· other maintenance duties as directed
Ability to work with the Town Building Superintendent on issues requiring town assistance/maintenance contracts regarding but not limited to heating, lighting, ventilating, and plumbing systems.
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions, and responsibilities that comprise this position.
This library is not part of a union.
Hours: 25 hours per week.
Salary: $20.00 per hour.
The North Providence Union Free Library, a member of Ocean State Libraries, is a municipal library governed by a board of trustees servicing North Providence and nearby community.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Additional Info & Requirements
Please submit letter of interest and resume by: April 30, 2022
Submit letter of interest and resume to:
Mail: North Providence Union Free Library
Attn: Deputy Director
1810 Mineral Spring Avenue
North Providence, RI 02904