JOB TITLE: Librarian
JOB CODE: 316
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Community Services/Library
SUPERVISOR: Library Manager or Assistant Library Manager
All newly hired Los Alamos County employees are required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 per the current Centers for Disease Control (CDC) definition as a condition of their employment.
Under general supervision of the Library Manager or Assistant Library Manager, oversees the operations of one or more specialty library services, and performs a range of complex and specialized library tasks requiring a high level of professional expertise and customer service skills. Provides guidance, leadership, and coordination to library services staff in areas such as circulation, reference, web and electronic services, youth services, systems administration, and materials cataloging, acquisition and processing, community engagement and program development. Participates in the development of operating policies and procedures, systems to maintain records, and quality standards. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Library, Library and Information Science, Humanities or a related field.
• Four years’ library experience.
• Successful completion of Need to Know training within one year of employment.
• If primary task includes Youth Services, must successfully complete a thorough background investigation.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications:
• Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Library Science, or Library and Information Science, or related field.
• One year of experience in building and leading teams.
• Valid New Mexico driver’s license.
Human Resources 505-662-8040