The Division of Public Services supports the mission and vision of the Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) by creating the essential destination where residents can find just the service, program or material delivered in the way that fits them just right. The Public Services Coordinator SR. provides a consistent quality customer experience in core Library services on the phone, in person and on the web. Develops, coordinates and delivers core Library services for school-age students, their families and communities, and educational systems within Jefferson County. Expends/audits system resources with limited budgetary and decision-making authority over those resources. Supervises volunteers under their area of responsibility and coordinates with staff system-wide. Coordinates access to resources, including the physical and virtual resources of the system. Responsible for maintaining partnerships and relationships in the community through outreach. Position must be familiar with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Communicates expectations to staff about Library services and trends in customer service. Models best behavior practice for customer service. Creates conditions for quality customer experiences in their core service area system-wide. Recommends Library resources, including physical and virtual, so that residents have equal access to information and ideas. Implements industry best practices for merchandising and labeling. Promotes Library resources as directed. Implements quality assurance methods in programs presented system-wide. Coordinates and supervises promotion of programs to target audiences. Routinely provides direct customer service, occasionally in non-routine situations. Conducts outreach into the community as directed. Maintains a safe environment for staff and public.
- CORE LIBRARY SERVICE: Coordinates system-wide services for school-age students, their families and communities, and educational systems within Jefferson County in core Library functions. Communicates expectations to staff about Library services and trends in customer services. Participates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish goals, objectives and coordinates these teams in area of focus. Applies input from community for creating and implementing system-services using established industry benchmarks. Applies established industry benchmarks in service creation and provision as directed. Maintains current knowledge of trends in Libraries and related fields. Develops and implements new services system-wide. Provides quality assurance in programs presented in their area of responsibility including off-site locations. Supervises promotion of programs to target audiences.
- OPERATIONAL ORGANIZATION: Participates in special assignments such as prototyping new services. Supervises short-term projects outside typical area of responsibility.
- FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Provides input for core service area budget. Audits spending per established procedures and limits. Participates in annual planning for library services. Provides input for anticipated local and system needs. Communicates goals and strategic priorities to direct reports. Ensures compliance with budget limits and established purchasing procedures with staff under their supervision.
- SUPERVISION & MANAGEMENT: Hires, assigns, trains, directs and supervises the division staff as well as temporary staff, volunteers and interns in area of responsibility. Coaches on industry best practices. Administers or makes recommendations for routine personnel matters affecting direct reports including recruitment, orientation, training, setting performance goals, assigning and reviewing work, approving time cards. approving leave, appraising and disciplining, submitting records and documentation as required by Library and Jefferson County Policy. Conducts regular staff meetings with subordinate staff. Communicates changes in policies and procedures to direct reports and implements them as directed. Provides technical guidance and support to ensure conformity with established policies, rules and regulations. Anticipates and solves problems as non-routine situations arise. Promotes professional development and leadership skills among direct reports and teams. Responsible for creating and implementing change management plans and strategies that maximum employee engagement and minimizes employee resistance. Provides leadership towards the Library's mission, vision and values. Uses and continually develops leadership skills and participates in on-going professional development. Maintains skills, knowledge and subject matter expertise in areas of responsibility and industry trends through training and professional development. Attends conferences and participates in development activities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Preferred - Public library experience.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Our mission at Jefferson County includes providing exceptional service to the members of our community, and we believe that we can empower our employees to provide that service by providing excellent benefits, including: generous paid time off in addition to paid holidays, flexible schedules to encourage work/life balance, wellness opportunities to encourage maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement programs, trainings for personal and professional growth, retirement savings plans with company match, and Medical/Vision/Dental plans customizable to your budget for individuals and families.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.