Assist with the development and implementation of metadata strategies (policies, procedures, and workflows) that support the management of, discovery and access to, and future directions for teaching, learning, and research (TLR) digital collections.
1. Describe Library-created and other College digital assets using internal guidelines and XML-based metadata standards and authorities. Create repository records, either entering batch data into upload spreadsheets or directly entering data into repository forms, adhering to internal guidelines and external standards.
2. Review and assist with quality control of metadata created by other Library staff and student assistants for adherence to metadata guidelines and standards, and over all consistency. Correct data in batch record upload spreadsheets or directly in the repositories, and provide further data-entry guidance to staff and student workers as necessary.
3. Assist with the development and implementation of metadata strategies (policies, procedures, and workflows) that support discovery, access, management of, and preservation of, Library-created and other College digital assets. Document internal metadata guidelines, researching external standards as necessary.
4. Assist with the implementation of authority control processes, providing intellectual control over the application of personal names, place names, and subject headings for Library-created and other College digital assets as a component of the development and implementation of metadata strategies. Using external authorities, create and maintain internal name and subject documentation, to ensure data consistency in the repositories.
5. Assist with the review and remediation of existing metadata in digital asset management systems/institutional repositories to improve the accuracy of records, and access to/discovery of Library-created and other College digital assets. When metadata issues become known or suspected, review data from exported spreadsheets or directly in the repository and correct as necessary.
6. Ingest collections into digital asset management systems/institutional repositories, and review display records for accuracy. Upload batch record spreadsheets to, or create individual records directly in, the repositories; including corresponding digital files (documents, photos, audio/video, etc.)
External Job Ad