As a member of our team, you will have an impact on our clients through accomplishment of the following responsibilities:
- Participates in the planning and delivery of team-based virtual research services (i.e. chat, text, email, and telephone).
- Creates and maintains library guides in Springshare LibGuides.
- Collaborates with faculty to integrate information literacy across the curriculum.
- Participates in and promotes workshops, events, and other programming relevant to Lamar University individually and collaboratively.
- Consistently participates in collaborative partnerships and relationships in the library, university, and surrounding communities events to promote library services and resources.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- Life insurance
- State of Texas Retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement for employees, spouses and/or eligible dependent
- Paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays.
The Mary and John Gray Library at Lamar University seeks an innovative and creative individual to join our team as Research, Engagement, & Learning (RE&L) Librarian. Reporting to the Head, (RE&L), the successful candidate will provide research services in person, virtually, and at events across campus. The librarian is responsible for developing library guides and exhibits, providing research services, information literacy instruction, and other duties as assigned. In addition, the librarian will collaborate with colleagues on library-wide committees and projects to advocate for the research needs of Lamar University/Lamar Institute of Technology constituents. This is a 12 month, tenure-track faculty position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
External Job Ad