On behalf of our client, the Cuyahoga Falls Library, we are seeking exceptional candidates for a new Library Director opening.
This highly visible, mission-oriented leadership position will plan, implement, and administer all aspects of the operation of the Cuyahoga Falls Library. As the chief administrative officer of the Library, the Director is also responsible for maintaining effective and mutually beneficial relationships with the Library’s community partners, valued employees, and Board of Trustees. In addition, it is expected that the Director will provide strategic leadership and possess a strong orientation towards service and innovation to meet the new challenges and changing needs of the Library’s customers and the larger community.
Cuyahoga Falls Library connects people with the world of ideas, information, and imagination, to inspire, enrich, and support the community. To learn more about the Cuyahoga Falls Library, click here.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
A generous compensation package includes competitive base pay; healthcare benefits including medical, dental, vision, and others; retirement benefits include participation in the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System [OPERS] public pension plan, and many others.
Additional Info & Requirements
Other position requirements include:
- Experience with most aspects of Library operations, including public services/educational programming and outreach, technical services, technology, Human Resources management, facilities management, vendor management, and budget/fiscal management is required.
- Experience with strategic planning and leading organizational growth is required.
- Experience building strong, collaborative work groups focused on attaining superior results is required.
- Experience collaborating and partnering with Trustees/Board members, community partners, and other key stakeholders is required.
- Experience articulating, aligning, and furthering a public-serving organization’s goals, mission, and vision is required.
- Ability to implement policies and uphold the principles of intellectual freedom to ensure free, equitable, and confidential access to information for all people of the community is required.
- Experience working collaboratively with collective bargaining units is preferred.
Cuyahoga Falls is located in Summit County, Ohio - close to the cities of Akron, Cleveland, and the rest of Northeast Ohio. The library’s service area [and taxing district] is the Cuyahoga Falls City School District, which includes Silver Lake and most of Cuyahoga Falls. The Library's single location is located at 2015 Third Street, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 44221.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter [including salary requirements] via email to: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.