CLASS TITLE: Library Marketing and Administrative Coordinator
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Library Director
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: Under general direction, performs professional and technical Library services in marketing, interlibrary loan, circulation, reference, programs for all ages, administrative and technical services. Work varies requiring independent judgment within prescribed standards and procedures.
· Physical requirements include walking, climbing stairs, reaching, standing, bending, stooping, climbing ladders, and lifting up to 50#s (greater with assistance).
· Duties are performed in surroundings where undesirable physical conditions are minor and controllable.
· Must be able to capably operate computers, software applications, and other office equipment.
· Excellent interpersonal skills: Substantial and frequent contact with fellow employees and the public where tact, diplomacy, and effective speaking skills are necessary.
· Excellent writing and editing skills, with the ability to see the big picture while paying close attention to detail.
· Ability and desire to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
· Must be well organized, attentive to detail, and enjoy the administrative challenges of working on a variety of projects simultaneously.
· Strong commitment to service and supporting patrons, citizens, and staff.
· Must have flexibility that allows for adaptation to new processes or situations.
· Must possess a valid Montana Operator’s License.
· Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY AND PERFORMANCE:
· Works with the Director in carrying out Library policies and procedures.
· Communicates the value of the public library to the community by creating appealing and effective marketing materials that convey a distinctive, cohesive and recognizable brand for the library, including flyers, social media posts, website features, monthly email newsletters, and press releases.
· Performs administrative tasks including tracking and reporting statistics, populating reports, maintaining job and community event boards, and following up with staff, patrons, or others as necessary.
· May provide minor technology hardware and software maintenance for the Library, including devices for patron checkout and Makerspace equipment.
· May oversee Makerspace operations.
· Receives, processes, and tracks Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests from patrons and borrowing libraries.
· May serve as Partners (in-state interlibrary loan) coordinator.
· Maintains Library office supplies.
· Greets and assists Library users in the circulation area employing effective customer service skills.
· Performs front desk and general circulation duties as appropriate: check-in, checkout, renewal of materials, library card sign-up, shelving, filing, and maintenance of Library appearance.
· Assists Patrons in-person, via the phone, and/or online with locating library materials, reader’s advisory, interlibrary loan, and new materials requests.
· Assists Patrons with the use of public access computers and electronic devices, such as computers, reading devices, tablets, and phones.
· Trains Library users to search for information by following an appropriate inquiry process using books and /or electronics resources.
· Manages the library’s collection of magazines.
· Oversees material donations and book sale operations.
· Handles cash
· Prepares displays
· Cleans and repairs books, DVD’s, CD’s, and Audiobooks.
· Assists other Library staff as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION – RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS: Oversees Library operations in the absence of the Director. May supervise children/teens during programs. May oversee volunteers and community service workers.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field with coursework in marketing, communications, or a closely-related field. Relevant experience preferred. OR post-secondary with appropriate experience.
· High level of proficiency in print and digital communications development and delivery, including social media platforms, email marketing, web content, and thorough knowledge of graphic design, typography, and print production.
· Exceptional technology skills, including Microsoft Windows and Office applications, Google Suite applications, and adapting and learning library software and changing technology with minimal instruction.
· Experience working in a Library a plus.
· Shall obtain a Montana State Library Certification within three (3) years of employment and maintain such Certification throughout employment.
EXAMPLES OF PERFORMANCE CRITERIA AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Follows policies and procedures for consistent Library operations.
· Establishes goals to move the Library forward.
· Evaluates programs adjusting as necessary.
· Consistently develops and distributes Library marketing material online and throughout the county.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform any non-essential job functions.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Full benefit package with health (fully paid for employee), opt in dental and vision (employee paid), 15 vacation days and 10 paid holidays per year, sick time, and retirement. Sick time is accrued but not usable until after 3 months. Vacation days are accrued but not usable until 6-month probationary period is complete.
Additional Info & Requirements
Marketing and social media experience is a requirement as this will be one of the main duties of this position.
Stillwater County is rural in nature, consisting of 9,476 (2021) residents within 1,795 square miles. Columbus, with a population of 2,190, is the largest town in the county. The beautiful landscape includes a lot of hills and trees. The mountains are in the backdrop and the Stillwater River runs through the county. The basic necessities, such as a grocery store, gas stations, and a hardware store are located in Columbus, a 30-minute drive to Laurel or a 45-minute drive to Billings provides a wealth of options for shopping and eating. This is the best of small-town living with the convenience of a bigger city nearby.
External Job Ad
Questions to Jennifer Reed, Library Director email@example.com