The Division of People & Culture provides Human Resources (HR), training, organizational development and social work services to the Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL). The Training & Development Manager designs and implements JCPL’s staff training and organizational development programs. Plans, implements, conducts training and development programs. Evaluates organizational performance. Manages, implements and proposes the design of policies and procedures relating to organizational development. Facilitates implementation of appropriate change management initiatives associated with organizational transition activities. Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT: Develops and maintains the master plan for JCPL system-wide training and development. Designs and oversees a comprehensive staff development and training program. Coordinates delivery of technical, professional development training and educational programs. Performs training needs assessment, oversees coordination of in-house training efforts and conducts training when appropriate. Oversees and directs the continual evaluation of training and development programs for effectiveness through established measurement systems and implementation of improvements. Examines training processes and systems. Recommends and implements improvements. Regularly creates and facilitates Enneagram development activities for individuals and teams. Develops, facilitates teambuilding activities and retreats using a variety of models such a Tuckman, 5 Cohesive behaviors, etc. Oversees the evaluation of all training activities and uses analysis of data to inform planning for future training.
- ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Works as an internal consultant on organizational development projects. Provides programs for skill development in the critical areas of leadership, coaching and team work. Provides coaching to employees and supervisors. Provides conflict resolution, facilitation and mediation services to supervisors and employees. Provides expertise on issues of assessment, executive development, coaching and change management. Provides consulting support to lead process improvement and productivity gains. Facilitates meetings.
- EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT: Serves as a recognized expert in organizational management and employee development. Informs library managers and supervisors about current developments, proven methods, practices and techniques in the organizational development and training fields. Collaborates with managers and supervisors to implement organizational change initiatives. Evaluates work processes for ergonomic impact.
- ALL STAFF CONFERENCE: Acts as the project lead for the strategic initiative annual All Staff Conference. Manages the cross functional project teams to identify and organize conference content. Selects and schedules vendors, consultants and/or contractors, makes decisions regarding venue and other logistics and ensures event stays within approved budget. Oversees post event evaluations, recommends and implements ongoing improvements.
- FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Participates in strategic and budgetary planning procedures. Provides input to annual plans, budgets and assists with system-wide initiatives. Contributes to department evaluations and reports.
- SUPERVISION & MANAGEMENT: Hires, assigns, trains, directs and supervises the division staff as well as temporary staff, volunteers and interns in area of responsibility. Coaches on industry best practices. Administers or makes recommendations for routine personnel matters affecting direct reports including recruitment, orientation, training, setting performance goals, assigning and reviewing work, approving time cards, approving leave, appraising and disciplining, submitting records and documentation as required by Library and Jefferson County Policy. Conducts regular staff meetings with subordinate staff. Communicates changes in policies and procedures to direct reports and implements them as directed. Provides technical guidance and support to ensure conformity with established policies, rules and regulations. Anticipates and solves problems as non-routine situations arise. Promotes professional development and leadership skills among direct reports and teams. Responsible for creating and implementing change management plans and strategies that maximum employee engagement and minimizes employee resistance. Provides leadership towards the Library's mission, vision and values. Serves as a member of JCPL’s CMT (Combined Management Team). Collaborates and coordinates with others in cross-functional teams to accomplish JCPL goals and objectives as well as Division goals and objectives. Uses and continually develops leadership skills and participates in on-going professional development. Maintains skills, knowledge and subject matter expertise in areas of responsibility and industry trends through training and professional development. Attends conferences and participates in development activities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Preferred - Three years experience in designing, developing and implementing training, organization development, and performance improvement programs.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Our mission at Jefferson County includes providing exceptional service to the members of our community, and we believe that we can empower our employees to provide that service by providing excellent benefits, including: generous paid time off in addition to paid holidays, flexible schedules to encourage work/life balance, wellness opportunities to encourage maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement programs, trainings for personal and professional growth, retirement savings plans with company match, and Medical/Vision/Dental plans customizable to your budget for individuals and families.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.