The Summer Outreach Services Intern will primarily assist the Book Mobile librarian in bringing library services into the community via our grant-funded Mobile Library Lab. The intern will help set up popup libraries at remote locations around town, help facilitate library programs, promote library services and provide exemplary customer service to all ages.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist librarians with setup of popup libraries including tables, books, book carts, displays
- Assist outreach and teen librarians with recurring youth programming at remote locations such as summer camps
- Assist with the Mobile Library Lab by maintaining the collection and accompanying the librarians to Mobile Library stops
- Assist with the unloading and loading of materials related to Mobile Library services
- Provide prompt, courteous and direct assistance to all patrons with basic information regarding use of library materials, equipment and services
- Assist with library staff duties, as directed.
Additional hours may be offered in the physical library.
Additional information: requires ability to communicate in a courteous and effective manner with a diverse group of staff and patrons; requires flexibility to work in a changeable, busy environment; requires ability to reach, bend, and kneel to retrieve and replace books in mobile library unit; requires ability to lift 20 pounds and push carts loaded with books and equipment;
Qualifications: customer service experience preferred; experience working with elderly, youth and children preferred; working knowledge of library principles and practices preferred;
Compensation: 6-week position, approximately 12-15 hours per week. $13-15 per hour depending on qualifications. No benefits.
To apply: email Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Please include 3 references.
Human Resources / Job Listings