We are a busy public library that is a community destination for people of all ages to enjoy and learn. The Children’s Library is a Family Place Library with a central focus on early literacy, while the teen and adult areas offer a range of resources including public computers, study rooms, and printing and scanning services. This position will spend the majority of their time on one of our busy reference desks.
A rewarding position you will love:
- Make a positive impact on the lives of community members.
- Promote a positive public image to patrons and teammates through friendly and responsive interactions.
- Become a member of a closely knit and innovative team.
- Work in an environment that is driven by a philosophy of saying "yes" to new ideas.
Scope of Work:
- Possesses basic knowledge concerning library services which will include practical experience in library services and programs.
- Is fully present. Gives customers their full attention and demonstrates a commitment to offer the best customer service.
- Provides reader's advisory service.
- Assists in use of the library and its resources.
- Assists in selection of appropriate reading material and other resources.
- Demonstrates and assists patrons with use of computers and devices.
- Helps maintain library spaces.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
This substitute position is scheduled as needed and does not include benefits. Schedule will vary and include days, evenings and weekends.
Broomfield, Colorado is a rapidly growing community located between Denver and Boulder. Currently home to 62,000 people, it is becoming a hub for technology and healthcare. Broomfield is located within an hour’s drive of the mountains and has a relatively mild climate. Miles of trails and open space and varied cultural opportunities enhance the quality of life. The library is an active participant in the community and enjoys excellent support from residents and the city and county.
City and County of Broomfield HR department 303.438.6320