The Division of Public Services supports the mission and vision of the Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) by creating the essential destination where residents can find just the service, program or material delivered in the way that fits them just right. The Web Content Coordinator oversees the development of web content. Assures the quality and accuracy of content through the development and enforcement of a content, editorial and maintenance plan. Participates in the development of web content standards and overall strategic plans for JCPL’s web presence. Communicates web content standards to content providers and instructs providers on best practices. Develops and maintains proficiency in web content tools. Advises and supports staff whom use the tools. Follows trends in web content development and strategy. Incorporates new methods and tools to increase the impact of the Library's web content. Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES: The statements below are intended to describe the more specific nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. This description is subject to modification as the needs and requirements of the position change.
- WEBSITE MANAGEMENT: Manages website content production. Develops organizational standards and best practices for web content. Ensures that policies and procedures are adhered to in Communications & Public Engagement and other JCPL stakeholder groups. Reviews and realigns standards in response to shifts in organizational strategies and priorities. Monitors overall quality of the Library's web content and its adherence to standards. Identifies research and develops new content areas. Recommends appropriate staffing levels. Trains and provides on-going coaching to staff on standards, tools and best practices for producing web content. Creates, implements and manages content development workflows and schedules.
- WEB CONTENT MAINTENANCE: Provides editorial direction and oversight. Evaluates new and existing website content. Fulfills the function of "editor-in-chief" for web content. Edits content to conform with the Library's web content standards and best practices. Coordinates the efforts of content contributors and work teams in the development of content. Identifies content gaps and provides analysis of patron use and content access issues. Analyzes trends, usage statistics and survey data to determine areas for future content development. Collaborates with content providers to address emerging needs.
- OPERATIONAL ORGANIZATION: Assists in long range planning for website. Follows trends in web content and development & strategy. Incorporates new methods and tools to increase of the impact the Library's web content. Contributes to an on-going, iterative design process by analyzing user data. Detects and studies changes in user behavior. Collaborates in the periodic review of the JCPL Web Strategies and the Web division's work priorities.
- USER MANAGEMENT: Coordinates staff use of the Content Management System(CMS) user interface. Creates curricula and trains staff on use of the CMS. Develops tutorials and process documentation. Collaborates in designing and testing the back-end interface for the CMS to ensure ease of use. Collaborates ensuring metadata is consistently applied for search engine effectiveness and display purposes.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Models best behavior practices for customer service, including in physical and virtual spaces. Creates conditions for a quality customer experience in their core service system-wide. Serves as an information resource assisting patrons via phone and email, including questions about third-party e-content apps and digital interfaces. Recommends Library resources, including physical and virtual, so that residents have equal access to information and ideas. Implements industry best practices for merchandising, labeling and promoting Library resources as directed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Our mission at Jefferson County includes providing exceptional service to the members of our community, and we believe that we can empower our employees to provide that service by providing excellent benefits, including: generous paid time off in addition to paid holidays, flexible schedules to encourage work/life balance, wellness opportunities to encourage maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement programs, trainings for personal and professional growth, retirement savings plans with company match, and Medical/Vision/Dental plans customizable to your budget for individuals and families.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.