The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for establishing, implementing, and communicating strategies, direction, plans and programs for the operation and growth of Orange County Library System. This work is performed under the policies and guidance, and at the pleasure of, the Board of Trustees.
The new CEO will be expected to:
- Foster an organizational culture that embodies and values equity, diversity and inclusion, reflective of the communities the library serves
- Work collaboratively with elected and appointed government officials and staff
- Partner with community organizations, school districts, local businesses, and other organizations to enhance and expand service to shared audiences
- Engage library staff, leadership, and stakeholders in a new strategic planning initiative
- Provide leadership for capital projects that are underway or projected, and actively engage in fundraising activities to support those projects
- Encourage and support staff in their efforts to develop new and innovative programs to serve County residents
- Review and propose revisions to current library policies and procedures to ensure that they enable exceptional customer service and effective management of library operations
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
OCLS will offer an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with the education and experience of the selected candidate.
When most people think of Orlando and Orange County, the first thing that comes to mind is theme parks and family vacations. While tourist attractions do play a significant role in the local economy, those who call this area home know that it’s more than the sum of its thrill rides and vacation adventures. Learn more about Orlando, Orange County, and OCLS in the recruitment brochure https://www.junegarcia.com/searches/orange-county-library-system