Scope of the Position: The Florissant Branch Manager leads a team of customer-focused staff in providing excellent experiences to all who seek out Rampart Library District (RLD) services. In collaboration with administration and the Woodland Park Library management, the Florissant manager works to build rapport with northern Teller County citizens and proactively provide or develop services to meet the community’s information needs. As a rural librarian extraordinaire, the successful branch manager will leverage opportunities to perform virtually every task essential to the library’s function as outlined below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides outstanding service and leadership to staff, citizens, and communities.
- Serves as a library representative and liaison to RLD communities.
- Seeks partnerships and ways to build rapport with communities and stakeholders.
- Works with administration to hire, train, coach, serve, grow, discipline and cull local staff.
- Collaborates with administration, management, Foundation, and Friends of the Library.
- Effectively manages district/branch funds and resources to meet the community’s needs.
- Performs collection development tasks such as acquisitions, processing, repair and weeding.
- Executes circulation duties such as organizing, shelving, checking in/out items, interlibrary loans, etc.
- Provides exceptional technology, information, and reader’s advisory services.
- Improves skills and knowledge by participating in professional development.
- Uses policy and procedure to maximize positive experiences for the majority of patrons and staff.
- Schedules regular and on call staff to provide uninterrupted service during hours of operation.
- Creates and facilitates group activities both in and out of the library.
- Promotes services through many mediums in conjunction with Community Relations.
- Troubleshoots technology for both staff and patrons.
- Identifies maintenance tasks and coordinates projects and upkeep with Facilities/IT Manager.
- Manages Florissant meeting room scheduling and use.
- Assists other managers and administrators with various projects or functions as needed.
- Performs other duties as outlined by the director or in collaboration with the management team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- A passion for providing exceptional customer service and experiences.
- Curiosity for the purpose of learning and growing knowledge and skills.
- Innovation for the enhancement of existing services and the creation of new ones.
- Knowledge of library and/or small business operations.
- Technological adaptability for learning, using, and teaching electronic computing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage with compassion and professionalism, also representing the interests of the district.
- Capability to train patrons and staff with patience and understanding of different learning styles.
- Proficiency with software, including Windows, touch screen technology operating systems, Microsoft and Google Office suites, various Internet applications, and more.
- Ability to resolve challenges both as an individual and as a member of a team.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree required, certificate or degree in Library Science or a relevant field preferred.
- Three years serving customers or the public, with library experience strongly preferred.
- One year of supervisory and/or leadership experience involving the management of volunteers or employees.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Frequent computer use.
- Frequent contact with the public at the library and other places within the community.
- Ability to lift, reach, carry, push, pull, bend, and stoop. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to push and shift wheeled carts up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work throughout the library, in a variety of functions and departments.
The branch manager reports to the library district director.
Note: This job description is not an employment contract. The Director reserves the right to alter the description at any time without notice. Any employment relationship with the Library is legally considered to be one of employment-at-will, in which either party may terminate this relationship for any reason at any time.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
This position qualifies for vacation, sick pay, medical, retirement, and other benefits.
Additional Info & Requirements
Email or call Director Tim Miller for more information. Email: email@example.com. Phone: 719-687-9281 Ext. 101.
Rampart Library District is located in Teller County, Colorado, just north of America's mountain Pikes Peak. Residents enjoy epic views of alpine forests and the Rocky Mountains, along with unparalleled access to outdoor activities like hiking, camping, boating, snowshoeing and fishing. Woodland Park is the "City Above the Clouds." Culture and amenities abound in this wonderful destination, and Colorado Springs is less than twenty minutes down the road. If getting away from it all is more your speed, the towns of Divide and Florissant offer ample opportunities for a rural lifestyle and the enjoyment of nature. Visit the Greater Woodland Park Chamber of Commerce website to learn more: https://www.woodlandparkchamber.com/
Applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Administrative Assistant Mary Ann Sperry at firstname.lastname@example.org. They should also fill out an online application at this link: https://rampart.colibraries.org/employment-at-rampart-library-district/application-for-employment/