ALBANY COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY FOUNDATION
Administrative Specialist Job Description
“The mission of the Albany County Public Library Foundation is to generate funds through gifts, endowments, memorials and special programs in order to improve the Albany County Public Library in perpetuity through specific programs, direct financial assistance and community outreach.”
Job Title: Administrative Specialist
Reports to: ACPL Foundation Director
Hours: Part-time, 15 hours per week
Location: ACPL, Laramie, Wyoming
- Performs administrative and secretarial tasks.
- Prepares board packets for the ACPL Foundation Board of Directors, handles communication with constituents, and provides administrative support.
- Works collaboratively with ACPL Foundation staff to seek support for the Albany County Public Library.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Satisfies the routine clerical and administrative needs of the Executive Director.
- Prepares, compiles, and distributes board packets.
- Takes minutes at board meetings; attends committee meetings as needed.
- Orders and receives office supplies.
- Handles document retention and some record keeping tasks.
- Offers administrative support by assisting with grant and financial reports.
- Provides assistance with bank deposits and minor bookkeeping tasks.
- Assists with Executive Director’s schedule and communications.
- Handles scheduling of board meetings and committee meetings.
- Assists the Executive Director in monitoring and updating the ACPL Foundation website and social media accounts.
- Provides fundraising and event planning support.
- Oversees and maintains donor database.
- Processes donations and handles donor communication.
- Prepares and distributes mailings.
- Knows and follows policy and procedures.
- Keeps informed on ACPL Foundation news and issues: attends staff meetings.
- Contributes to ACPL Foundation decision-making.
- Performs tasks necessary to the effective operation of the organization.
- Keeps skills current and growing: attends required trainings, actively seeks opportunities to learn.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Wage & Benefits
- This is an hourly 15-hour per week position. The hourly wage is $13.00-$14.00, depending on experience. Additional paid hours are available for events.
- This is a part-time position. Benefit package includes: required statewide retirement plan and sick and vacation time.
Additional Info & Requirements
- Past experience working in an office setting or similar experience.
- Prior experience preparing and proofreading documents.
- Demonstrated professional communication skills.
- Strong advocate for the public library.
- Responsible, discreet, organized, detail oriented, problem solver.
- Able to work well with others, including patrons, donors, volunteers and fellow staff.
- Familiar with Adobe Acrobat and MS Office Suite; ability to meet the minimal computer competencies for staff email, phone, time sheet and calendar programs; can operate and troubleshoot technology.
- Must be a flexible, effective time manager.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Past experience with customer service and working for a non-profit.
- Experience with donor management systems and NeonCRM.
- Experience with fundraising and event planning.
Position is open until filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. The Albany County Public Library reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Albany County Public Library provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, ACPL complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment.