CLAMS (Cape Libraries Automated Materials Sharing)
Hyannis, MA and remote
Provides technical and administrative assistance to the Systems Support Office, the CLAMS organization, and CLAMS member libraries. This position is under the general supervision of the Systems Manager, or, in their absence, reports to the Executive Director.
This position is intended as a remote, work from home opportunity, however, remote work at a coworking location may be possible. Internet access is required for remote work and all remote work must be done in Massachusetts. In person attendance at a coworking office in Hyannis will be required for onboarding, training, periodic team meetings and occasional work-related duties. Visits to our member libraries are periodically required.
- Assists member libraries in troubleshooting and resolving problems with the ILS, hardware, software, operating systems, networking/telecommunications, printers and other peripherals, etc.
- Responds to inquiries and provides information and technical support to library staff.
- Works with vendors to resolve telecommunications problems. Provides information and requests assistance.
- Assists in the administration of CLAMS’s Google Workspace, including account maintenance.
- Creates, runs, and distributes standard monthly and yearly system statistical and other reports.
- Creates and maintains technical documents for staff and public websites.
- Assists with web services development and maintenance.
- Works with CLAMS Central Staff to support the ILS. Maintains ILS system parameters and codes.
- Performs special projects and other related duties as required, directed, or as the situation dictates.
- Trains library staff in some ILS modules, e.g., Serials.
- Experience with Integrated Library Systems.
- Team player with a focus on superior customer service.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Sierra, Content Management Systems, Google Workspace, email systems, social media management, video conferencing, and other software necessary for assigned duties.
- EXCEL and Google Sheets proficiency.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts.
- Patience, tact, positivity, discretion and ability to explain technical matters clearly, not always in technical terms, to all levels of staff.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, and to collaborate with individuals and groups.
- Ability to participate in collaborative problem solving required.
- Familiarity with issues of library consortia.
- Requires a strong home internet connection and familiarity with digital platforms – Video conference/meetings, e.g., Google Meet, Zoom, and virtual collaborative tools, e.g., Google sheets, Google Docs, Gmail.
- Valid driver’s license. Travel is sometimes required. Use of reliable insured vehicle when needed.
- Work week, M-F. Some non-standard office hours will occasionally be required.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Salary increases are in 9 steps annually. Benefits include: Health and Dental (60% paid by employer). 403b (6% paid by employer after one year). 20 days vacation. Paid sick time. Federal and Massachusetts Holidays.
Additional Info & Requirements
Open until filled with preference given to applications received by July 8, 2022
CLAMS (Cape Libraries Automated Materials Sharing) is a library consortium based in Hyannis, Massachusetts. CLAMS serves 35 member libraries with 38 locations on Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references, as a PDF attachment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line: Technical Support Specialist. No phone calls please.
Full job description is available upon request.