Are you compassionate and caring? Do you like variety and creativity? Is giving and receiving respect in the workplace important to you? The CMHIFL Libraries are where you will contribute to the Institute’s mission: To support individuals experiencing serious mental health challenges in achieving their recovery goals and reaching their full potential.
These Libraries are places where you’ll impact people who benefit from library services in a deep and meaningful way. As the Library Tech, working with a Librarian, the ripple effects of your work will be significant.
But wait -- there’s fun, too! You might use your artistic flair to make posters, use your creativity to market library services, or use your unique skills to participate in hospital committees and activities. There’s room to explore all your hidden talents. Perhaps dancing to Michael Jackson’s "Thriller" in a talent show (dressed as the Zombie Librarian)? Well, that’s been done! There’s never a dull moment in these vibrant libraries.
This is a part-time position with full-time impact. These libraries serve a range of customers and support patient care and treatment. Our patrons include both health professionals and adults with long-term/chronic severe mental health conditions. You will have an impact through education, research, readers’ advisory, and ultimately, contribute to our patients’ recovery.
These libraries offer the opportunity to do a bit of everything. On any given day you may be doing research, collection development, interlibrary loans, teaching, managing databases, keeping up with new technology and new developments in the field of mental health, and promoting library services. At the CMHIFL libraries we strive to reduce barriers to information access. For instance, taking a library cart to all treatment units each week means that every patient has access to the Patient Library collection; delivering materials to our busy 24-7 staff ensures that they have access to our Staff Library resources.
CMHIFL culture is built around compassion and respect for all our customers. Join us in this important and rewarding work and be a champion for the patient experience.
Feel free to contact Kate Elder for more information.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
The State of Colorado offers permanent employees a variety of benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, retirement benefits with PERA, as well as a comprehensive leave program. Please click the following link for detailed information: www.colorado.gov/pacific/dhr/benefits
The position is for 20 hours per week, working with the Librarian to provide library services Monday - Friday days.
Additional Info & Requirements
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to pass a Full Background-Name check, TRAILS, Fingerprinting, CAPS
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Pre-employment Physical
- Former State employees who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on the application and provide an explanation why the prior termination or resignation should not disqualify the applicant from the current position. Absent extraordinary circumstances, prior disciplinary termination or resignation in lieu of termination will disqualify the applicant from future State employment with CDHS.
- Effective September 20, 2021, this position will require documented proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. New employees will be required to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination within thirty (30) business days of hire.
- Religious and medical exemptions and reasonable accommodation shall be addressed as required by law pursuant to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s vaccination guidance. If you would like to request a medical or religious exemption, please contact CDHS_HumanResources@state.co.us
- Note: Fully Vaccinated means two (2) weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series of the COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two (2) weeks after the single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, as defined by the most recent State of Colorado’s Public Health Order and current guidance issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
- On or after October 31, 2021, each facility shall ensure all newly hired employees, direct contractors, or support staff members are fully vaccinated at the time of hire, or receive their first dose of a two-dose protocol, or a single-dose vaccination, prior to providing any care, treatment, or other services for the facility and/or its clients.
Colorado Mental Health Institute at Fort Logan (CMHIFL) is one of two state hospitals serving our state. The vision of CMHIFL is to provide the highest quality mental health services to persons with complex, serious, and persistent mental health illness within the resources available. Our mission is to support those individuals in achieving their recovery goals and reaching their full potential. CMHIFL provides inpatient treatment to adult patients, generally between the ages of 18-49. The hospital has 94 adult inpatient beds and is scheduled to open an additional 44 beds (two units) in August 2022. These two forensic units will be dedicated to providing psychiatric stabilization and restoration treatment to individuals opined incompetent to proceed as a result of their mental illness.
The Staff and Patient Libraries serve the entire Fort Logan community and are integral pieces of the hospital's therapeutic process.
External Job Ad
For more frequently asked questions regarding state employment, visit our website at https://careers.colorado.gov/how-to-apply