Jackson County Library Services
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, PUBLIC SERVICES
$50.02 TO $62.66 PER HOUR
$104,061 TO $130,335 PER YEAR
CLOSES JULY 8, 2022 - OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: https://jcls.pshire.com/jobs/111.html
The Assistant Director of Public Services oversees the public services team for a 15-branch library system, providing leadership and vision in the areas of library services, programs, and outreach. The Assistant Director supports the JCLS mission, vision and value statements through exceptional leadership and dedicated customer focus. This position serves on the core administrative team for JCLS and helps promote the library and its services to the Jackson County community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge to promote the culture, values and mission of JCLS, and creates thriving libraries in the heart of the community.
• As part of the administrative leadership team, works together to formulate vision, set goals, devise strategies, and set timelines for execution and implementation
• Supervises staff, providing system wide service to formulate visions, set goals, devise strategies, and set timelines for execution and implementation
• Supervises regional Area Managers to develop the library management team to deliver excellent patron experiences at all library branches in the region.
• Provides functional oversight for Outreach, Programs, and Social Services.
• Coaches, mentors, and trains direct reports to execute strategic action plans that meet operational and organizational objectives.
• Evaluates library environments and key operational indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement.
• Supports and monitors the planning and execution of local initiatives to achieve operational excellence; follows up consistently to ensure accountability to plans.
• Supports Area Managers in monitoring and managing branch staffing levels in partnership with Library Director.
• Encourages and supports Area Managers and Branch Managers and their staff in utilizing existing tools and best practices to ensure effective library operations.
• Participates in and leads special projects as assigned.
• Analyzes and utilizes management information tools, financial reports and other library related data (usage, demographics, trends, etc.) to identify and address library system trends, issues, and opportunities.
• Solicits client and other stakeholder feedback and supports solicitation of patron feedback to understand the Library's needs and the needs of the local community.
• Follows all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records.
• Regular attendance.
• Related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively and work productively, collegially, cooperatively, and collaboratively with a variety of diverse individuals and groups in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
• Exceptional customer service skills and proven ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships.
• Ability to utilize Project Management skills to lead a project team.
• Proficient with library automated systems and word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
• Experience and/or interest in culturally diverse groups, diverse learning styles, and the ability of higher education to contribute to a more just and inclusive society.
• Ability to confidentially and discreetly handle subject matters requiring privacy and sensitivity.
• Strong organizational, time-management and results-oriented skills.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Knows, understands and adheres to the American Library Association's Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to • View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library. In addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local libraries.
Master's Degree in Library and Information Science from a ALA accredited institution.
Five years of progressively responsible library managerial experience and/or administrative functions of a library, or equivalent knowledge.
Advanced experience analyzing and applying financial reports and library related data (usage, demographics, trends, etc.).
Demonstrated successful experience in a complex, fast-paced environment.
Seven years' experience in a role that requires frequent interaction with customers, fulfilling the requests of customers and responsibility for addressing customer issues, questions and suggestions. Equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the duties as described.
Criminal background check required.
Must be able to travel to other locations to perform work, and/or attend work-related meetings, workshops or conferences.
JCLS is committed to the health of our local and global community. All employees are required to comply with the District's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Please visit jcls.org for additional information about JCLS's plans for safety and success, as well as options for compliance with the vaccination program. This policy is effective November 1, 2021.
External Job Ad