Wage: $19.42 - 23.32 Hourly
Job Type: Part-Time/Full-Time
Closing Date: 7/17/2022 or until filled
If you’re a planner who likes the little details, our Events & Hospitality team would love to meet you! We’re looking for a service-oriented Events & Hospitality Coordinator to host and support a variety of room reservations at Douglas County Libraries. You’ll work directly with customers on all aspects of their events—from reservation services, to planning, to on-site event coordination, including logistics and tech/audiovisual assistance. This position offers competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity to inspire a love of reading, discovery and connection in our community. Let’s talk!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds and maintains strong interpersonal relationships with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources.
- Communicates using excellent verbal and written skills to facilitate transparent flow of information to internal and external customers.
- Identifies complex problems and evaluates options to resolve problems and remediate conflict.
- Maintains databases, filing system and organizational calendar. Documents processes and recommends improvements.
- Provides excellent, responsive customer service to community customers via telephone and through the online reservation process, collecting accurate information, telephone inquiries, written correspondence, and drafting event contracts. Acts and responds in a consistent, timely manner with every customer.
- Assists with daily branch use of civic spaces including on-site room reservations, site/branch calendar maintenance, and communication regarding daily hosted events.
- Represents DCL and works at signature events.
35% Event Management:
- Assists with coordinating and planning external customer meetings and events, and provides back-up support to the Events & Hospitality Manager.
- Manages time and projects effectively. Resolves errors and problems ensuring each event is properly set up, technology is functional, special requests are fulfilled, and the overall delivery of an event exceeds customer expectations.
- Develops a familiarity with each DCL branch, anticipating and remediating idiosyncrasies of each building, room and space, including elevator systems, lock systems, door entries, parking, and floor plans. Takes ownership of safety and security at each DCL Branch outside normal business hours.
- Defines and understands multiple tiers of services available for clients and events.
- Serves as event liaison, coordinating event logistics before, during, and after event. Understands and anticipates customer needs.
- Creates positive experiences for customers by effectively and efficiently performing job tasks; presents a positive image of the library in attitude, communications and appearance while performing duties in both the public and staff areas.
- Transports and displays event decorations and specialized equipment for birthday parties and other events.
- Demonstrates a professional, positive, cooperative, team-oriented working relationship with staff, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Collaborates and coordinates volunteers for games and programs at birthday parties and other events.
- Cordially and professionally greets and hosts guests, anticipates needs, and ensures complete guest satisfaction.
- Serves as on-site host the entirety of event length, actively looking for ways to improve event and help people, and checking in with customers periodically to ensure event success.
- At event’s conclusion, facilitates room clean up, resets furniture to original floorplan, and coordinates cleaning with Porter to ensure room is ready for use.
10% Technical Performance:
- Maintains expert knowledge and use of computers, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Apple and PCs.
- Experience with software systems including room-floorplan, room-reservation, facility rentals, event assignment, customer/contract/proposal system, and other industry-related software.
- Ability to learn new technology that is introduced in the industry and the organization, as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
One DCL Commitment: It is an expectation of each employee that you will exemplify Douglas County Libraries Brand, Culture and Values of welcoming to all, continual growth and authentic relationships.
- Associates degree
- Two years’ previous administrative support or customer service experience
- Must have a reliable method of transportation between all DCL locations and to a variety of Douglas County locations.
- Fluency in MS Office, and other industry related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Event Management, Marketing, or related field
A combination of experience and education will be considered.
Physical Requirements: Must have the physical ability, stamina, mobility and manual dexterity to support a 7-day a week operation. Work at computer stations for extended periods. Access and transport materials up to 50 pounds. Participate in meetings and events at various locations and at varied times throughout the day. Ability to read as small as 8pt font.
Some early morning, evening and weekend availability may be required.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
See job postings for more information on benefits.