Pikes Peak Library District
1175 Chapel Hills Dr, Colorado Springs
Position Summary: Operates in a diverse environment to help fulfill the Library’s mission by assisting in the configuration, maintenance, and management of the Integrated Library System (ILS) and associated applications.
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Performs daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance tasks for the ILS and other associated applications.
- Provides support for staff and patrons including answering ILS questions, troubleshooting, and reporting issues as needed.
- Provides training for staff on the ILS and associated applications.
- Supports ILS Administrator as an additional point of contact for issues with products that connect to the ILS.
- Assists with upgrades of the ILS and associated applications including providing in depth testing of new configurations, features, and bug fixes.
- Configures and applies appropriate levels of staff access to ILS functions.
- Assists in providing various reports and analytical information to staff.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion in all customer and staff interactions.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding any network configurations, passwords, or any other security or proprietary information.
- Participates on various committees or teams.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Duties are considered non-essential and include the following:
- Maintains current knowledge of ILS technologies; attends vendor conferences.
- Keeps informed about Library and department operations, services, and procedures.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Attends regular department meetings and scheduled All-staff meetings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The employee is expected to perform or possess the following:
- Thorough knowledge of the Pikes Peak Library District’s policies and procedures and ability to follow them.
- Ability to act as an ambassador of Pikes Peak Library District by promoting its mission and vision.
- Ability to exhibit leadership, sound judgment, and professional demeanor in all situations; thinks and acts appropriately under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to complete detail-oriented tasks with minimal errors.
- Ability to train staff at all levels on technical concepts and processes and explain technical concepts to non-technical computer users.
- Demonstrates ability to respond with patience and professionalism to requests for assistance from computer users of varying knowledge levels.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills; maintains effective relationships within the department, with staff at all levels, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to effectively use applications software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook, along with standard office equipment.
- Ability to work independently, effectively organize daily work under general supervision, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, detail-rich environment.
- § Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- § Demonstrates flexibility to actively support change in order to meet strategic goals and objectives.
- § Demonstrates commitment to principles of intellectual freedom and all aspects of customer diversity
Education and Experience:
1. Requires a 2-year degree in computer science, programming, information systems or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
2. Requires a minimum of two years of enterprise level system support in a professional or educational setting or two years of Integrated Library System use.
3. Prefers experience supporting Integrated Library Systems, and some knowledge of MARC21 cataloging.
4. Requires a valid Colorado driver’s license.
5. Bilingual ability is a plus in serving a diverse community
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work is primarily conducted in an office setting that provides comfortable lighting, temperature, and air conditioning. Position requires the ability to sit and use a computer or standard office equipment for extended periods. Position requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time. Position requires the ability to occasionally reach, bend, climb, twist, and squat. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting rooms, e.g. use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations.
INTEGRATED LIBRARY SYSTEM ANALYST - LIBRARY 21C
(40 hours per week, exempt)
Position # 211529001
DATE POSTED: July 11, 2022
LOCATION: 1175 Chapel Hills Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80920
STARTING WAGE: $22.83 per hour + full benefits (for benefits information, please see: http://ppld.org/jobs/benefits)
POSITION HOURS: 40 hours per week per the following schedule:
Monday – Friday : 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Note: Regular schedule may be subject to minor changes due to required meetings, training events, etc. Also, management may require modifications to a position’s schedule, days, times and locations at any time as the needs of the Library District change.
1. Complete a PPLD online application located at ppld.org/Jobs at the Application Tab
2. Attachments should be submitted online in the following file types: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .pdf, .htm
3. If you require an accommodation to complete your job application, please contact the Human Resources Office at (719) 531 - 6333, ext. 6380.
CLOSING DATE: Online application materials must be received by August 01, 2022, at 9:59 p.m. MDT
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
All selected candidates…
§ are required to complete a Department of Homeland Security I-9 Form at the time of hire and must be able to provide acceptable documentation in order to verify his/her legal right to be employed in the U.S. (pursuant to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986). Pikes Peak Library District participates in E-Verify.
§ are subject to a full reference and background investigation including verification of identification (including verification of Social Security number using USCIS E-Verify), education, former employment, and criminal history.
§ may be uniformly tested for job-related skills and required physical abilities.
§ may be required to undergo a physical examination after a job offer is extended in order to ensure that the job’s physical requirements are met.
§ must understand and comply with PPLD’s drug-free workplace policy.
§ understand and agree that they have been hired at the will of the employer and that employment may be terminated at any time, with or without reason, and with or without notice.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pikes Peak Library District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation including gender expression, military status, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. The library reserves the right to hire more than one person per advertised vacancy.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
External Job Ad
Soumya Gollapalli : email@example.com