The Patron Training Specialist provides support to the Adult Services core service of Public Services in the Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL). The Training Specialist develops and delivers a wide range of high-quality training regarding digital literacy for JCPL. The Training Specialist is also responsible for conducting needs assessments. Develops and schedules technical and soft skills training programs. Develops original curricula and training materials, as wells as, researching and assessing criteria and tools for training. Completes pre-and post-assessments of training and administers approved patron development programs.. Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology. Position reports to the Adult Services Coordinator.
- SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES: The statements below are intended to describe the more specific nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. This description is subject to modification as the needs and requirements of the position change.
- PATRON TRAINING: Designs, develops and delivers technical training courses, online training modules and presentations to JCPL adult patrons. Facilitates classroom exercises, activities and provides lectures on identified subject matter. Manages group processes and facilitates group discussions. Determines the level and type of classroom engagement with each participant and with each class. Identifies and coordinates training from outside the organization as needed. Teaches workshops on topics of interest relating to digital literacy and computer skills. Oversees the production and maintenance of training materials, manuals and training records.
- TRAINING DEVELOPMENT: Implements training and development policies and goals. Assesses training and development needs of adult services patrons. Develops training programs as needed. Researches and recommends outside consultants for special training programs. Oversees the scheduling of in-house and outside programs. Researches and assesses various training delivery methods such as video, self-paced training and distance learning. Oversees technical training of adult services patrons system wide.
- EVALUATION AND ANALYSIS: Oversees the maintenance of patron training participation data and scheduling of training programs to ensure that training requirements and strategic goals are met. Creates pre-and post-evaluation assessments. Designs metrics, tracks training and evaluations. Conducts analysis of evaluation data and adjusts training and materials as warranted. Evaluates the effectiveness of patron training and development programs. Makes recommendations for any future changes. Communicates regularly to adult services Coordinator about training through meetings and emails.
- FACILITATION AND SUPPORT: Analyzes specific organizational processes or team dynamics when requested by supervisor. Determines appropriate action, makes recommendations and referrals for training. Fully supports all the strategic initiatives as related to Adult Services and digital literacy. Conducts or arranges meetings when requested, participates in organizational development projects and serves on task forces as needed.
- GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT: Stays informed of new developments, methods, practices and techniques in the organizational development and training fields. Maintains knowledge of patron education programs and practices to ensure the success of the JCPL strategies and initiatives. Maintains skills, knowledge and subject matter expertise in areas of responsibility and industry trends through training and professional development. Attends conferences and participates in development activities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Preferred - Experience in curriculum development, coaching, and training.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Our mission at Jefferson County includes providing exceptional service to the members of our community, and we believe that we can empower our employees to provide that service by providing excellent benefits, including: generous paid time off in addition to paid holidays, flexible schedules to encourage work/life balance, wellness opportunities to encourage maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement programs, trainings for personal and professional growth, retirement savings plans with company match, and Medical/Vision/Dental plans customizable to your budget for individuals and families.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.