The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for facilitating and coordinating a robust community relations strategy for the Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL), with a particular focus on building relationships with community partners and engaging Jefferson County residents. This position reports to the Library’s Director of Communication and Engagement. Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Establishes and develops strong relationships and alliances with government, education, corporate, and nonprofit entities to make JCPL a key partner in the civic life of Jefferson County residents. This includes strengthening existing relationships with partners to identify new ways of working together to authentically support JCPL’s mission.
- Consults with members of the Library’s leadership and staff to plan, design, implement, and evaluate strategic partnerships and participate in community building initiatives.
- Facilitates community meetings to foster relationship building, collaboration, and promote engagement. Coordinates JCPL presence at community events including groundbreakings, ribbon cuttings, etc.
- Coordinates formal gathering of community input that is used for developing, implementing, evaluating, and improving policies, programs, and services.
- Maintains stakeholder contact information and lists, assisting with email correspondence, coordinating, and participating in public meetings.
- Provide ongoing input, information, and materials (as requested) regarding engagement efforts.
- Supports the work of the Library by building relationships with funding partners and assists in grant tracking and reporting. Provide support for other JCPL communication projects by coordinating with and supporting colleagues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or related field.
Preferred— Five years’ work-related experience conducting community relations and collaborating with partners to engage a targeted audience.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Our mission at Jefferson County includes providing exceptional service to the members of our community, and we believe that we can empower our employees to provide that service by providing excellent benefits, including: generous paid time off in addition to paid holidays, flexible schedules to encourage work/life balance, wellness opportunities to encourage maintaining a healthy lifestyle, tuition reimbursement programs, trainings for personal and professional growth, retirement savings plans with company match, and Medical/Vision/Dental plans customizable to your budget for individuals and families.
Jefferson County Public Library is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We seek individuals with the same passion and commitment to providing equal access to information and opportunities for our community. We value diversity and strive to incorporate our values: innovation, accountability and excellence in all our work and interactions.
Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.