Requisition Number: 22-00297
Salary Range: $112,258 - $140,317 Annually
Closing Date: Monday, August 22, 2022; 8:30 a.m. MDT
People choose Westminster, Colorado, because it is an extraordinary community with an honored past and an even more promising future. Our employees serve with a purpose and embrace our SPIRIT values of Service, Pride, Integrity, Responsibility, Innovation and Teamwork. We are known as a caring, team-oriented working environment with a commitment to excellence. Innovation and creativity are encouraged, where visionary people who want to see their projects and programs implemented thrive. Westminster’s work culture encourages passionate, positive and enthusiastic employees. Our mission is clear: We deliver exceptional value and quality of life to our citizens.
The Library Services Manager is a responsible Division Head level position administering the City's overall library program. Work involves providing inspirational leadership, vision, and strong communication to a dedicated team of library professionals. This will involve administering operational activities of the library system including long-range planning, implementation of the division's masterplan, performing liaison duties with other departments, divisions, other libraries, library organizations, civic clubs, and City officials. Work is performed independently with responsibility for making final determinations in accordance with established general policies and is reviewed by the Parks, Recreation and Libraries Director through reports, conferences, meetings, or consultations.
In order to be considered for this position, all candidates must attach to the online application at time of submittal, a cover letter and resume (maximum of two (2) pages for each document).
The full salary range for this position is stated above. Starting wages are negotiable and dependent on the qualifications and experience of each individual candidate. The City of Westminster offers a bonus of up to $1,500 per year depending on the employee's fluency in Spanish, Hmong, Laotian and/or American Sign Language (ASL).
Education, Experience, Skills, Formal Training, Licenses and Certifications
· Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
- Strong budget focus
- Progressively responsible experience in professional library work, including considerable background in the administrative areas
- Five years supervisory experience in a library setting
- Extensive supervisory experience
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated success in budget and business practices with proven capability of developing new financial resources to support growth
- Strong experience in collaboration
- Experience working with diverse cultures and promoting cultural competence amongst staff and within the community
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership in organizational change and transformation
- Proven ability to motivate, inspire, and develop leaders within the organization
- Visionary leadership and a demonstrated ability to be responsive to trends, the impact of changing information technology, and the amount of acceptable risk the City is willing to take in implementing new ideas
- Possesses a valid driver's license and maintains a safe driving record
- Master's Degree in Library Science (MLS), Library Information Science (MLIS), Business Administration (MBA), Public Administration (MPA) or related field
- Thorough knowledge of technical processing, circulation, and automated systems
- Proven ability to leverage technology to support day to day operation and strategic initiatives
- Involvement in the Colorado Association of Libraries and the American Library Association and/or the Public Library Association
- Involvement with local service clubs and organizations
Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience, which would provide the required knowledge and skills, may be considered
HOW TO APPLY
The City of Westminster is an equal opportunity employer. Benefit information can be found on our job page. A City of Westminster online employment application is required for this position and is due by 8:30 a.m., on the closing date. Apply online at: www.cityofwestminster.us/jobs
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
The City of Westminster offers a comprehensive benefit package including: Health and Dental Insurance, General Leave that provides vacation, holidays, and illness leave, Flexible Spending, Pension/ Retirement Plans, Term Life Insurance, Long-term Disability, Survivor Benefits, Wellness Program, and Education and Training Reimbursement.
Centrally located between Denver and Boulder, Colorado, on the US Highway 36 high-tech corridor, Westminster is a beautiful city designed for an exceptional quality of life. The community is a nationally recognized community with a reputation for innovation and progressive management in local government. Over 115,000 residents enjoy superb recreation amenities, beautiful neighborhoods, numerous entertainment and shopping opportunities. Westminster is 80% developed and maintains a goal to preserve 15% (3,300 acres) of its land area for natural open space.
External Job Ad