University of Wyoming Libraries
Assist students, faculty, and staff with utilizing software and equipment in Studio Coe multimedia lab, One Button Studio video recording lab, the media screening room (123), and Voice Box podcasting studio. Develop expertise in multimedia software and hardware, including virtual reality, Adobe Creative Cloud, audio and video editing, and other software and equipment as it is added. Assists with delivering workshops, outreach, and events. Assists with evaluating software and equipment for purchase, retention, or elimination and identifying potential new technologies for supporting digital communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position is a full-time benefitted position with a variable work schedule, and is responsible for closing Studio Coe:
-Fall/Spring hours are Sunday through Thursday, noon to 9 pm.
-Summer hours are Sunday through Thursday; must cover 1 pm – 5 pm, with flexible start and end times to be determined by supervisor
-Between session hours are Monday through Friday; must cover 1 pm – 5 pm, with flexible start and end times to be determined by supervisor
-Holiday hours (when the Library is open before or after a university recognized holiday) vary.
- Assist students, faculty, and staff with audio, video, and image creation and editing utilizing software and equipment in the Studio Coe multimedia lab and One Button Studio recording lab to support digital communication for coursework and knowledge creation and sharing. Develop expertise with multimedia software and hardware used in the studios and perform basic troubleshooting.
- Assist with directing the work of student employees. Train student employees to provide assistance to patrons with multimedia creation and editing. Approve payroll and scheduling changes in absence of manager. Become familiar with emergency procedures and reporting mechanisms for building or security issues to support evening supervisor and circulation crew at Coe Library.
- Assist in delivering workshops and events to educate UW employees and students about digital communication software and equipment in Studio Coe and One Button Studio.
- Monitor scheduling for and assist faculty and students using the Media Screening room, One Button Studio, and Voice Box.
- Assist manager in evaluating software and equipment for purchase, retention, or elimination and identifying potential new technologies for supporting digital communication.
- Maintain relationships with other units and attend meetings and training with UW Libraries and other local and statewide partners.
- Assist with microform scanner as needed
- Oversee operations of Studio Coe, One Button Studio, Voice Box, and Media Screening Room when Supervisor, Studio Coe is not present.
Additional Info & Requirements
To be considered for this position please address all minimum qualifications in your application materials and submit all required application materials listed below.
Education: Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: 1 year work-related experience
Required licensure, certification, registration or other requirements: None
- Experience using audio and/or visual design software (Adobe Creative Cloud or similar applications)
- Excellent written, oral and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability and/or enthusiasm to learn new software applications
- Experience identifying and troubleshooting technology-related problems
- Familiarity and/or interest in virtual reality technology
- Public speaking ability or experience
- Customer service experience
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Analysis/Problem Identification
- Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Work Standards
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/
The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.