Lincoln County Library System is seeking a friendly, creative, energetic and customer service oriented individual to serve as a youth services librarian at the Star Valley Branch Library. This is a full-time (35 hours per week) position, with some weekends and evenings required.
Duties include: planning, implementing and promoting youth services programs, compiling statistics and reports, assisting with technology, providing reference and information services with patrons; performs collection development for the youth services department, processing new materials and providing excellent customer service. Applicants should work well independently, enjoy working with people of all ages, have excellent computer skills and love libraries and working with children. High school diploma or equivalent required with some college related to child development preferred.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Under the direction of the branch manager, oversees the daily operation of the youth services area. Proactively plans, organizes and delivers youth library service including; collection development, reader’s advisory, program planning and delivery, and reference. Continually seeks and finds ways to promote youth services. Collaborates and coordinates activities with co-workers.
Any of the following duties may be performed. These examples are not necessarily performed by all incumbents and do not include all specific tasks an incumbent may be expected to perform.
- Performs collection development for youth services department.
- Plans, implements, promotes and evaluates youth programs and activities.
- Performs reader’s advisory service.
- Train, schedule and supervise the work of volunteers.
- Supervises library assistants.
- Monitors budgets and orders supplies for programs.
- Compiles statistics and prepares reports for the library.
- Arrange for displays/exhibits in the youth services area.
- Continues to develop professionally to keep abreast of trends in librarianship.
- Fosters and maintains outreach services to the community.
- Performs circulation desk duties.
- Prepares new materials for circulation.
- Assists with technology, online databases and library catalog.
- Work evenings and weekends as needed.
HOURS: 25-40 hours/week
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
Additional Info & Requirements
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent required (Some college and/or coursework related to child development/children’s literature)
EXPERIENCE: Prefer library experience and/or experience working with youth
Knowledge, Ability and Skills:
• Knowledge & compliance of LCLS practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of children’s literature and child development.
• Skill in working with technology.
• Must exhibit excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work well with the public and coworkers.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
External Job Ad
Application and job description is available at https://linclib.org/careers. Open until filled. Starting salary is $14.00/hour. Contact Melissa Haderlie (Star Valley) at 307-885-3158 for additional information. EOE.