Wage: $2,434.40 - $2,980.80 Biweekly
Job Type: Full-Time
Closing Date: 8/15/2022 or until filled
If you’re passionate about helping others succeed, Douglas County Libraries would like to meet you! We’re hiring for a Human Resources Generalist to serve as the first line of support for employees and supervisors at DCL. You’ll support the daily functions of the HR department and perform a wide range of critical tasks and projects that drive functional excellence and process improvement. The position’s hybrid schedule requires one day on-site in Castle Rock each week plus a few hours once a week working from a library location. We offer a competitive benefits package, generous time off, and excellent professional development opportunities. Let’s talk!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
75% Human Resources Organizational Support:
- Performs high-level tasks required to administer and execute HR programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits and leaves; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; occupational health, safety and wellness; and HR-specific training/development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and library leadership, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the HR Manager.
- Coordinates exceptional recruiting service to DCL internal leaders, staff and external applicants. Educates leaders to interview, evaluate, hire and retain world class talent in collaboration with the HR Manager and other HR team members.
- Coordinates employee onboarding, orientation and any training specific to the HR function, in collaboration with the Learning & Development department.
- Under guidance from the HR Manager, manages HR projects, moving the work forward with clear, accurate, and appropriate deadlines, documentation and communication to stakeholders.
- Maintains employee files and HR records in a timely, organized, accurate and clear manner, in accordance with current best practices and regulations.
- Provides accurate, timely reports upon request.
- Cross-trains with the Payroll and Benefits Specialist in payroll, benefits, or HRIS administration to provide backup or additional support as needed.
15% Human Resources Knowledge and Expertise
- Stays abreast of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices regularly to maintain compliance.
- Proactively makes recommendations and implements changes in HR processes as needed or requested.
- Quickly learns new technology that is introduced in the industry and the organization, as needed.
- Acts with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Responds to day-to-day supervisor inquiries with guidance and resources on HR best practices to proactively manage employee relations and compliance, escalating complex situations to the HR Manager as appropriate.
- Collaborates effectively with employees, supervisors, and the HR team to achieve desired outputs and outcomes for the department and organization.
- Promotes positive and productive workplace cultures. Maintains effective working relationships with DCL staff.
- Participates in and supports District committees, trainings, and professional development.
- Demonstrates strong communication, organizational, time management and strategic thinking skills. Maintains a positive growth mind-set.
Performs other duties as assigned.
One DCL Commitment: It is an expectation of each employee that you will exemplify Douglas County Libraries Brand, Culture and Values of welcoming to all, continual growth and authentic relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Four years of HR experience
A combination of experience and education will be considered.
- SHRM-CP or equivalent HR Certificate
- Master’s degree in HR or related field
Physical Requirements: Must have the physical ability, stamina, mobility and manual dexterity to support a 7-day a week operation. Work at computer work-stations repetitively and for extended periods. Participate in meetings and events at various locations and at varied times throughout the day. Ability to read as small as 8pt font.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Douglas County Libraries (DCL) is a Colorado PERA Member Employer, so you will be enrolled in Colorado PERA. For details on member benefits go to www.copera.org
Elective DCL benefits include:
- Health Care Plans: medical, dental & vision
- Voluntary Plans: Accident, Critical Illness, Short Term, and Long Term Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage
- 401k & 457 plans (through CO PERA)
- Legal-ID Shield
Additional DCL benefits include:
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Extended Illness time off
- Leaves of Absence for Qualifying Events
*Benefits are subject to change