The Librarian provides general library and research services for students, staff, and faculty. The librarian provides information literacy workshops, and acts as a liaison to a number of academic departments., The librarian selects library materials and web resources, creates LibGuides, aids with accreditation, and selects supplemental curriculum materials.
The Librarian assumes responsibility for one or more of the following activities: course reserves, interlibrary loan services, library website content and design, creation of informational handouts and displays, supervision of work study students, task oversite for Library Technicians, cataloging of library materials, compilation and analysis of data needs within Kiefer Library, champion of Aims’ Free to Student (F2S)/Open Educational Resources (OER) initiatives, and providing copyright information to students, faculty, staff and administration.
The Librarian helps direct daily tasks for the Library Technicians. The librarian serves as a member of the Learning Commons Team with responsibilities on, or support to, the satellite campuses of Aims Community College.
- Provides effective reference services and bibliographic instruction through one-to-one, small group, class sessions, email, phone, or virtual environments for Aims Students, staff, faculty, administration, and community members.
- Teaches students, faculty and staff how to gain access to information in various formats and how to creatively use technologies to solve their research concerns.
- Provides direction and guidance to library technicians and work-study students.
- Assumes responsibility for one or more of the following activities, according to assignment and specialty:
- Reserves, interlibrary loan services; electronic resources; library website content and design; library resource list (LibGuide) development and maintenance; creation of informational handouts and displays; cataloging library materials.
- Supports and maintains library electronic collections through their lifecycle for optimal accessibility and discoverability.
- Supports the procurement and assessment of new electronic resources, specifically databases, streaming, chat service an d digital periodicals.
- Champion of Aims' Free to Student (F2S)/Open Educational Resources (OER) initiatives.
- Acts as Library Liaison to various academic departments and to all campuses of Aims Community College through collaboratively working with faculty and performing bibliographic instruction, research assistance, maintaining subject-specific collection, professionally selecting library materials, databased, and web resources, consulting on curriculum needs for library resources and bibliographic instruction.
- Promotes a learning-centered concept of education for the success of students.
Statistical Analysis & Other Duties as Assigned:
- Compiles and analyzes statistics for instructional sessions, circulation records, overdue notices, and other additional data needs within Keifer Library.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Benefits & Additional Compensation Info
Included with Aims Full-time Employment is a generous package of Benefits, most are listed below:
- Benefits are effective immediately
- 100% employer provided medical & dental coverage employees (employee only option)
- 85% employer provided medical & dental coverage for employee's spouse and/or family
- Voluntary vision insurance
- Staff Annual Leave (minimum accrual of 15 days) & Sick (minimum accrual of 12 days)
- 17 paid holidays and 3 personal days each year
- Summer schedule: 4 day work week - Fridays Off
- Employer paid long-term disability and life insurance premiums
- Tuition waiver & reimbursement for employees
- Tuition waiver for dependents
- PERA employer (see www.copera.org for comprehensive benefits)
- Additional supplemental benefits & retirement programs available
- Access to the PERC (Aims gym) for employee & one guest
- Free parking on all campuses
Additional Info & Requirements
- Master's degree in Library Science (MLS), Library and Information Science (MLIS), or other related field plus two (2) years of experience working in library setting or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Experience developing and delivery library workshops.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working independently or in a group setting.
- Ability to life (20lbs.) and transport (50lbs.) on library cart.
- Experience in community college or higher education library environment.
- 3-5 years library experience.
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, serving over 8000 learners annually, Aims Community College prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. Our wonderful staff, faculty, and administration work as a team to ensure excellent service. This commitment was recognized by The Denver Post and Monster Jobs as the “Best Place to Work” in 2018 and 2019!
Our commitment to a Diverse Community:
Our student body reflects the growing diversity of our community: 55% of our students identify as white, 36% as Hispanic, 2% as Asian, 2% as African-American, and 2% as multiracial. Aims Community College is committed to serving all of our students, including populations that are traditionally underserved in higher education, and we welcome applicants who share a commitment to inclusive excellence.
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
Thank you for your interest in working at Aims Community College!
Questions or Need Assistance:
If you need assistance applying for a job, please contact our HR Department, firstname.lastname@example.org , or call us at 970-339-6670.